Chapter 4

Lorelai, Luke, Rory, Logan, April, Emily, Richard, Liz and TJ stand at the nursery window staring at little Will all in amazement.

"Oh mom he's so amazing I can't believe I got to be here for this I'm so in love with my baby brother." Rory gushes to Lorelai. April looks amazed as she stares and says, "I can't believe I'm a big sister this is awesome!" Rory hugs April. "So what's his full name Lorelai?" Emily asks. Luke takes the lead and announces. "He is named after his two grandfather's, William Richard Danes." Everyone smiles again and agrees that the name is perfect.

*Two days later*

"Rory stop making such a fuss over me I am fine." Lorelai tells Rory exasperated. "I just want to make sure you and Will are okay. I mean I only get to help you today I have to be back to the paper tomorrow. How long is April here for?" "I get to stay all summer." April announces as she walks in the room. "That is perfect, you'll be able to help out when Luke's at work, it's good to see you by the way." April smiles and says, "It's good to see you too, it's crazy how quickly things change I use to be an only child and now I have a big sister and a baby brother." Rory smiles back and gives her a hug.
"Okay Rory it's time for you to get back to New York." Lorelai tells Rory. "I don't want to leave you guys though." Rory pouts. "Well I wasn't supposed to tell you but clearly it's the only way I'm gonna get you back to New York on time, Logan is at your place waiting for you with a romantic evening planned. Now go and that's an order." Rory smiles and give Lorelai a hug. "Love you mom." "Love you too kid."

Rory walks up to the door of her apartment and is fidgeting with her keys when the door opens for her. She walks in to see red and pink rose petals everywhere, a bottle of champagne being chilled with two glasses and what appears to be a candlelight dinner set up at the coffee table. She starts to smile and then sees Logan standing in the candlelight staring at her smiling. "Hey Ace how's your mom and Will doing?" Rory smiles with tears in her eyes "They're good, Logan what is all this?" "Well Rory we have been back together for six months, and I just wanted to have a nice dinner with the woman who will one day be my wife." Logan tells Rory. "Oh Logan!"

Rory and Logan spend the rest of the evening laughing and enjoying each other, Rory tells Logan that she couldn't imagine life without him and she loves him more than she knew was possible. Logan smiles and kisses her passionately.

"I do want to marry you! Ugh how hard is that to say Rory why are you so stupid?" Rory thinks to herself as she stares off out the window of her office. Suddenly she comes out of her trance and starts working again. "Hey Ace want to have lunch?" Logan asks as he walks into her office. "Yeah that sounds great let me grab my purse."

"LUKE! I need a diaper asap down here." Lorelai shouts from downstairs. Luke comes running in from the nursery diaper in tow. "Wow this parenting thing was easier when it was a 12 year old girl." He jokes. "Ha ha" Lorelai mocks. "No but seriously Lorelai you have no idea how amazing this is I'm so glad we decided to go crazy and elope and finalize our family with this little guy." Luke gloats. "I'm happy too, Luke our family of five is fabulous, haha never thought I'd have a family of five when me and Rory were our little family of two for so long."