Chapter III

“Could you make me some tea please, Ollie?” King George yelled.
“I-I'm coming!” It took barely a minute for Ollie to come running in with a cup of tea. “H-Here you are, Sire…”
“Thank you Ollie,” King George said with a smile.
Ollie barely could process it: the King thanked him?! For just doing his job?! Unbelievable! He stammered for a moment, and turned red. The fact King George was smiling at him only made the growing blush worse, and a small nervous smile curled itself around the boy’s lips.
“I've been thinking, Ollie. That accident with the crown last week made me realise I barely even know you. Do you like working on the palace?”
Ollie blushed, and stammered: “You- uh, your cat is cute.”
King George smiled, and petted his cat. “His name is Alfred, but I call him Alfie. He is a Red Persian. Almost as cute as the colonies, don't you think?”
“Oh, uh, yes, your Highness…”
“You might have noticed, but I really like the colonies. They have gone off to revolution, but they'll be back. Y'know, I will fight the fight and win the war. They're just really important to me, maybe even more important than Alfred. Do you understand that, Ollie?”
“O-Of course I d-do…” He gave a quick nod, though he was a little hurt deep inside. His crush had only grown worse over the days, and he even had snuggled up to his pillow, just imagining it was King George.
“I'm not surprised. Even though we haven't talked much, I've always felt like you understand me. Beside America and Alfie, I also really like tea. Maple tea is my favourite. Scones, fluffy bedsheets, history, theatre, and ballet are a few of my favourite things. I am also a collector of Greek statues.”
“Oh…” Ollie smiled softly.
“But anyway, you should get back to work. It was nice talking to you, Ollie.”
“Y-Yeah..  I agree. H-Have a nice day, your Majesty…” And with those words the boy quickly left.

That night, the young boy screamed into his pillow and smiled. He didn’t miss his brothers at all. In the back of his head, he did miss his mother, but his hopeless love for the King made him forget. That night his dreams were all about that same young man, about King George.