Epilogue

The youngest son of four stood there. He was completely broken. As the hearse drove away, he burst out in silent tears. He had nothing left now. His father left, his mother died, his first ever love was out of reach, and the only one to care for him was his oldest brother. He just stared as the hearse became a speck on the horizon, and eventually disappeared from sight.

So he stood for a few hours, until eventually the oldest son came.
“Ollieboy, you should come in. You'll catch a cold!”
Ollie followed him inside, where his other brothers were waiting.
With teary eyes he hugged Harry, sobbing into his chest. A few minutes later they were all sitting together, just silently comforting each other. Then the door opened, and a slim blond figure was standing in the doorway.
Ollie looked up: “Your majesty… ” he bowed.
“I'm not your king here, Ollie. Just call me George.” His voice sounded matte and tired, much different from the high, excited voice he had during the year Ollie worked in the palace.
“H-Huh?” The peasant boy stood up, and frowned. Though his heart skipped a beat, and his eyes shone.
“I came to visit you as an equal, kid. I love you. Do you want to come with me?”
“...” He looked back at his older brothers, and then said without a doubt: “I… I’d love to.”
“Then say goodbye, kid. We won't be back anytime soon.” He looked around, and realised something was missing: “Where's your mom?”
“Just taken away… with a hearse…”
“Oh I'm so sorry!” George said, as he realised what had happened.
“It’s alright…” He let out a soft chuckle. “It’s how things go…”
George gave his adorable little boyfriend a hug: “Now go pack your stuff and say goodbye.”
“Hey, Georgie? Where are we going?”
“Well, to be truly free we'll have to leave the country. I suggest we take the boat to America disguised as a couple. I could be a pregnant woman.”
“George, how about we just go as friends? And besides, I would be more likely to be seen as a woman…”
“Ah whatever. I was just joking. I was serious about going to America, though.”
“... Do you love me or the colonies?”
“Ollie, listen,” George said with a smile, “I worship the colonies, sure, but that's something different than love. They're just countries, after all. I love you.”
“Alright… I trust you…”