Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ball n chill I know how the game go, but I'm outcha' hustling tryrin' to stack my change tho'... Soulja Slim - "Ball n Chill"

The week seemed to have been moving by too slow for Casey. Anticipation to meet Warren's baby mama of who knows how many months was feasting on her thoughts. She wonder how could a man she love so dearly be so secretly malicious to her? It was even a little funny to her, because she loved the feeling of being curious. Everton was now just a thing of the past to her mentally, but physically she wounldn't mind having him around to blow her back out every once in a while. She missed his dick game, fussing with him. and just well, him. 

Everton looked around at his surroundings in the jail house and just shook his head. He didn't know what time it was neither the day or what week it could have been. All he knew what that he was getting the hell out of Jefferson's Parish Correctional Center in a number of weeks. Going months without seeing his son started to mess with his emotions. He realize that it took one bullet to change his life as well as his son's.  

"I seriously done jeopardized everything now. My son will never be able to look at me again as his father. Words can't even express how much I want to be with my family right now. All the drugs, nice clothes, cars, and bitches don't mean shit if I don't have my son around." He thought.

"You have a visitor 1665." Which was is number labeled on the back of bright orange jumpsuit a correctional officer called him.

"You can't be serious? I hope it is my brother or my girl with my son to see me." Everton said as he stood up.

The walk to the visitation area was look and silent. He was more of that prisoner to his thoughts than he was in the system. The cuffs around his ankles didn't bothered him as much as they did a few months ago; he almost was getting into the swing of things in jail. The on again and off again thoughts of Casey made his dick pre-cum late at night. He wish that he could just see Casey one more time and let her know that he honestly was sorry for everything. Taken by his thoughts he looked up and Malone was standing sitting in the visitation room behind the plexiglass. 

"What the fuck this nigga doing here to see me?" He thought as he shook his head. 

"You only have 10 minutes and that's a wrap, okay." One of the two officers said as they walked away.

Malone had been doing the streets justice and also making sure every man on his team was well fed. He had time on his hands to move work from New Orleans to Trinidad effortlessly. Unlike other men, Malone was skillful in any task he decided to take on. Money didn't swell his head and neither did the finer things in life. The envy, snitches, and the feds went hand and hand. He some how felt pity for Everton or what he was nick named 'Elevate.' Malone felt good to see Everton where he belonged from the beginning  The things he did in the street screamed nothing, but rookie. Malone knew his future before the he could even speak it into existence. 

"Wusup, Elevate. I see that orange compliments your skin well!" Malone joked. 

"Shit, I don't even give a damn my nigga!" He joked back.

"Alright, let me tell you what I'm here for. I didn't come to play any bull shit games with you or talk circles." 

"What you want to know Malone? I'm an open book." 

"Okay, so it's good that your cooperating with me so far. I know that's all you can really do since you behind this glass. There was word that gotten back to me a few days ago that your step-brother done posted your bond, and you about to be getting out of here in the next few days or something like that." 

"Yeah, my lil bro came through for a nigga. It was the lest he could do for me, since I been saving his ass for all these years." 

"Hold up. So how much was your bond again? I didn't catch that part." Malone questioned.

"About $250,000 which was for the attempted murder charge. Then, I fought the charge with my lawyer a month in a half ago. That makes five months sitting in this bitch." Everton replied not knowing the outcome of what was going to happen. 

"Where did your step-brother get that type of money from? They have niggas out here that could barley pay for their children's college fund or pay their mortgage on their house, and he posted bail for yo' ass. Mane, somebody fuckin' lying!" 

"Look, if you came here to point fingers at me and my brother you can do that. At the end of the day just know a nigga will be home and back in the streets doing what I do best." Everton said arrogantly. 

Malone knew the only way Everton could be touching that type of money is if he was dealing his own work and had better connects than a whole lot of other people. The thought of Everton even stealing from Lukee or even him crossed his mind too. It was clear to see that Everton was only an average nigga who was doing basic things and fucking basic bitches, including his baby mama. Malone started to feel rage in his heart all over again towards Elevate. 

"Just know that your baby mama and your step-brother will be on my shit list if I find out you stole money from anybody on my team and including me. As soon as your ass get out of here you are going to be shipped to Mothe Funeral Home in Algiers personally, my nigga." Malone said sternly looking Everton keen in the eyes.

Everton was at a lost of words. All he could do then was just smirk before correctional officers said that time was up. Malone words was tearing at his pride viciously. He looked at Malone one last time before he was ushered out of the room and he said, "Don't lose your sleep Everton it's more valuable than your nickname."