Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I guess things anit goin' as you expected, but baby dont stress it, I hope you learned a lesson... Ab-Soul feat. Alori & Ja Vonte, "Empathy"

Warren was testing the waters with his step-brother without any hesitation. Everton found himself deeply enraged by Warren’s uncontrollable actions. For his step-brother to get his son involved into drama, was really making him build an even stronger dislike for him. No matter how much of a negative impact Everton could have ever had on his life, it really was not a topic he was concerned about. Cavon understood that not only his father was a hustler, but his mother was one as well. Everton thought about how Casey always held him down, and made sure that Cavon respected him as a father figure. The love that Everton had for the fast money, competition in the streets, and strippers didn’t outweighed how much love he had for Casey and Cavon. One thing that he knew growing up in New Orleans, was that no matter who you are or where you maybe from bullets would rain harder than any hurricane that would ever threaten his city. 

Unlike Everton, Warren loved confrontation. He did not want to destroy the relationship that he shared with his son, trying to get his point across face-to-face. Everton turned on the radio in his car on and Ab Soul’s song “Empathy” poured through the speakers. The music made him light his Black & Mild as he adjusted his seat for the ride. 

“Fuck, I pray that I won’t have to put hands on this nigga. It’s too soon for me to fuck up and lose everything.” he thought to himself as he patiently made his way off of General Degaulle. 

The traffic seemed to be whopping his ass before he even made his way into Harvey. His cell phone begun to ring as he came to a stop at yet another red light. He looked to see who it could have been, since he didn’t want to continue to go back and fourth with Warren over the phone again. It was Casey calling his to his surprise. 

“Hello, Casey.” he said as he placed his phone on speaker.

Casey smiled at the sound of Everton’s calming voice before she replied back. Warren watched her as she spoked on the phone with his step-brother as if he wasn’t even in her presence. “Hey, Ev. I don’t want for you to come over here and entertain your step-brother. It’s not worth the drama in front of our son. Plus, you both are acting like little boys who have no home training. I just told Warren to leave. I don’t need this mess this afternoon and I’m being for real."

“It doesn’t matter what you are saying. I tried to lay low and give the situation some time to die down. But it seemed as if both of y’all been so caught up in starting y’all own little family that you forgotten about what we share. You pregnant for my fuckin’ step-brother, and how I could trust you raising my muthafuckin’ son? You hiding shit like that from me? You act like you forgot who made you into the women that you are today. I’m done with you, Casey.”

“Everton going to jail didn’t change your stupid ass for nothing! I am having a fuckin’ abortion to save my reputation, my dignity, and my household. I am a grown ass women! I don’t need to hide anything from a man who doesn’t pay my damn bills, who doesn’t put food on my table, or fucking me on the regular baaaaby! So, I am going to need for you to get it together. Cavon is my responsibility not yours and never seemed to be.” 

“If you think that you are going to run me out of my son’s life then you are very wrong. I also will not tolerate you yelling in my ear showing off in front of your sex toy like you running me. You a bad talking queen over the phone, but when I’m in your face you are on hush mode. Let me find out; you going to sell your pussy to get that nigga seed aborted! I know, you know, your sister, know and even Warren knows that you are a cheater; that can’t play her cards right. It’s okay though, I’m about to be there to straighten yo’ ass out in a few minutes.”  He said as he took one long drag from his Black & Mild before he put it out and rudely hung up in Casey’s face.