Chapter 3

*Next day*

"Hey Elsa. Me and Avery thought of a way to get back at Jesy. " i said, talking to her in the bathroom.

"Awesome. Lay it on me."

I told her the series of pranks and tricks we were going to pull.

"Ahhh! I cant wait!! We start right after homeroom right?"

"Yep. Just get a hallpass from 1st hour 5 minutes into class, than meet me at the crossroads." we walked out of the bathroom and into homeroom. When the bell rang, we went to our first hour classes. After 5 minutes, me and Avery got hallpasses and found Elsa in the hallway.

"Lets do this. " i said.

"Okay Carson, you are going to sneak into the teachers lounge and find the grossest food you can. Me and Elsa are going to find Mr. C and convince him that we cant get into our locker, which will really be Jesy's locker. Then he'll get the pliers and break it. If we cant convince him, i can pick it." Avery said. "Meet us back at Jesy's locker in 10 minutes, okay?"

"Ill be there."

"Good luck Carson." Elsa said.

"Wait. You guys dont have to do this. If we get caught... we could get in big trouble."

"We know. Its worth the risk." They took off running to Mr. C's room, and i ran down the teacher's lounge. When i got there, i peaked in and didnt see anybody. I snuck in and locked the door behind me. Okay, i have at least 5 minutes before somebody tells the janitor the door is locked. I ran to the fridge and found some egg salad. Ew. In the bottom self there was a can of potato soup. I smiled why not both? There was a bowl on the table so i mixed the two together and put it in a plastic baggy.

"Hello? Is there anybody in there?" i heard a voice say. Crap. it was the janitor. I ran into the closet and closed the door. I could hear him unlock the door. My heart thumped and my breaths were short.
Im with Elsa and Avery at a movie.
"Its a porpoise!"
"No porpoise, no porpoise!!"
We were laughing, waiting for Elsa's mom to pick us up. The doors open and her mom walks in. We walk outside with her and keep laughing. Elsa's mom's face morphs into Jesy's. She tackles me, i land hard on the concrete. Avery and Elsa stare, but after a minute they join Jesy. Im laying on the concrete, not moving, taking every blow. My head is bleeding and my legs are too.
"Pretty boy isnt going to save you is he!?" Jesy yelled, followed by a chorus of, "haha" by Avery and Elsa. Then, big surprise, Calum walks out. He sits on the curb and listens to music. I want to yell out, but no words come out. No.no.no!! This isnt right. She can't hold me back anymore. I stand up and punch her hard in the nose. She cripples to the ground. Elsa and Avery run away. Jesy stands up.
"Oooh, Good one." she sneered.
"YES!! IT WAS A GOOD ONE!!" I said. I SAID!! I TALKED!! "You think you are so special dont you. Oooh im the mean girl and i can do whatever i want. I can torment people because i want to!! Well you know what? Im tired of it!! You are the bitch!! Nobody likes you. People act like they do because they are AFRAID of you!! Just leave."i yelled. She looked at me with tears in her eyes.
"Fine. I will, but because i want to. Not because you told me to!" she limped away. I smiled at my victory. When i looked back at Calum. He looked at me and walked over.
"That was really cool, what you did back there." Calum said. I smiled.
"Th...Th..Thanks."i stammered.
He smiled.
"Listen Calum. This is going to sound really stalker-ish but i daydream about you a lot." Calum smiled and laughed.
"Yeah, that does sound pretty stalker-ish, but go on."
"Ive never been able to speak in the dreams, until today. I just want to say, that i love you and the boys so much. when the whole world is against me, i can always count on you to help me through. Thanks.. for that."
"No problem..." he said, his face blank, but his eyes full of love. He stepped towards me, and kissed me cheek. The he picked me up and spun me around. The last thing i remember is my face buried in his soft hair.

*Slam* The door close and i woke up. The janitor is gone. I crept out of the teacher's lounge, with the bag in my hand. I ran right into Mr. C.

"What are you doing in the teacher's lounge?" he yelled.

I shrunk back. "I..i..i. My earring fell and rolled under the door. I was getting it back. "

He grunted and walked away. Phew.

i ran up the hallway and found Elsa and Avery looking at the contents of of Jesy's locker.

"What took you so long?" Avery asked.

"Daydream in the closet. Long story, not enough time. " We got to work. First we changed the lock on her phone, then we took all her notebooks and smeared the nasty stuff on every page.

"Eew. God Carson. What did you put in this?" Avery asked.

"Vomit." we laughed. After 2 minutes we were done and we did the final step. Avery brought in dog food, and a dog bowl. We mixed the dog food with the soup and salad. Then we took some crickets and put them in.The bowl went on the top shelf, so when she opened the door, it would spill on her.  I had an old note from sixth grade. It said, "I will fake whatever i have to fake to get you in trouble.", with her name signed on the bottom. That way, we couldnt be in trouble. If Mr.C questioned us for breaking into her locker, we will lie and say we thought it was elsa's locker. This plan was bullet proof.