Chapter 8

Its the day of the concert and we are driving up to Chicago. Me, Elsa and Avery are leaving school early so we can make it to the concert by 6:00. ( its a three hour drive). 

By 2:00, we were all loaded up into my mom's car and off we went. For the first hour, we talked about Divergent. 

"No way. Tobias is way hotter than Caleb. There's no competition." Elsa said. 

"Oh come on. Caleb could out-hot Tobias any day. " i said. 

"Well, have you seen Ansel run?" Avery asked. 

"Fine you got me there. He runs like an idiot." we laughed. 

By the second hour, we were bored so we got on our phones, talking every few minutes to show each other something. 

But when we were one hour away from Chicago, i started to freak out. 

'What if i freak out when i talk to them. What if i cant do it? i cant ruin this.' i thought.

"Mom. I cant do this. I want to go home. Please." i whispered in her ear. 

"Absolutely not. We are almost there and you can do this. Okay?" she said, looking at the road. 

"I don't know Mama. I'm scared i wont be able to tell them." 

"Tell them what?" 

"Nothing." i took a deep breath, then leaned back. 

We pulled into our hotel at 5:15 and by 5:45, we were walking outside to get a taxi. 

"AHHH! Carson i cant wait. In just 15 minutes we will be face to face with our boys." Avery said. 

"Yeah. That's....great..." i said.I felt nauseous. 

"Carson are you okay?" Elsa asked. 

"Yeah. Im fine. Lets go." 

We got into the taxi and drove to the stadium. There were girls everywhere. 

"Wow. There's so many people." Elsa said. 

"I know. Lets go before we get eaten." Avery said, grabbing our hands. She led us through the crowd and finally we got to the ticket counter. We handed the lady our tickets then Avery and i headed down the hallway marked "Backstage" while Elsa went to our seats. 

"Carson. Are you ready? It will be okay." 

"Yeah. Lets go." I opened the door, and almost fainted. Standing there were Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, Michael CLifford and Calum Hood. They took a few pictures with the girls infront of us, then turned to face us. 

"Hello girls. Come here." Ash said.

I looked over at Avery and saw her smiling like a goofball. She looked over at me and said,"GO." I took a deep breath then walked over to them.

"Hello beautiful. what's your name?" Luke asked Avery. I swear i saw her drool.

I looked at Michael. He was standing in front of me. 

"What's your name?" he asked. 

"Me? Oh um.. Carson." i said. He gave me a hug then we took a picture. Then i got a pic with Luke and ash, avoiding calum  on purpose.

Then there were no cute Aussies left, beside Calum. I walked over to him and figured its now or never.  Then the unthinkable happened. 

I was standing in the same room, backstage. Avery was talking to Luke and Michael. Calum was infront of me. I looked up at him and smiled. Might as well practice in a daydream. 

"Hello. How are you doing?" Cal asked. 

I opened my mouth, but no words came out. NO NO NO!!!!! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING. 

I stuggled for a little while longer, then gave up. I crumpled to the ground in defeat. I never got to tell him. 

"Hello? Are you okay?" Cal asked. 

"Sorry. I spaced out. " i said. 

"Its fine." he said, smiling. 

Now or never. 

I pushed myself into his arms, breathing hard against his chest. 

'Whoa. Hey are you okay?" 

I pulled myself off him. "Yeah. sorry i just had to do that. "

"Its fine. So do you want a picture?" 

"Yeah, but i have to say something first." i took a deep breath. "Calum, this is going to sound really stalkerish, but i daydream about you, like alot. I have dreamed about meeting you for 2 years and ive been so scared that i will meet you and not get to say this. You mean the world to me and i cant thank you enough for just existing. " i hugged him again. 

"Aw sweetie its okay. I love you too." he said, wrapping his sweater paws around me. I breathed in his scent. Taco shells and cigarette smoke. No I'm joking. He smelled like coffee and sweat, but it was heavenly. When i pulled away, i had tears in eyes. 

"Hey. why are you crying?" Cal asked. " Are'nt you happy?"

"Yes. In fact i will remember this day for the rest of my life.''

'Then why are you sad?"

"Cause you wont.'' i said. 

"Carson..." he didnt know what to say. Cause I was right. 

"Do you have any idea what its like to love someone with everything you have, and have to live with the fact that they will never know? You guys are such a big part of my world, but i will never be a part of yours." 

"Come here." Cal said opening up his arms. I gladly walked into his embrace. 

"Just promise me you wont forget me." i said, wrapping my arms around him tighter. I never want to let go. 

"I promise." he said. " Wait it have an idea." he said, the pulled out his phone. 

"I want you to be my lockscreen." he said. After we took the picture, i gave him one more hug. 

"I love you Calum Hood." i whispered. 

"I love you too Carly."

"Its Carson." i said, on the verge of tears. 

"Kidding." Calum said, smiling. I walked out of the room, leaving behind the presence of one of my greatest memories. 

"