Chapter 1

*buzz buzz buzz*

I groaned and smacked my alarm clock. It fell off my bedside table, so i pushed aside my black and pink covers and unpluged it. I got out of bed and stretched  and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I grabbed some black pants and a yellow shirt with a color since i have uniform and put them on. I walked down the hall to the bathroom my brother and sister share with me and brushed my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail. I walked back into my room and put on some black boots and grabbed my backpack. I glanced in the mirror and frowned. Why cant i grow? Im 13 and not even 4' 9. I was born 5 weeks premature. I only weighed four pounds and my growth has always been stunted. Plus i am really flatchested.  My chest-length blond hair is dyed red at the bottom and my blue-gray eyes and red and puffy. Sigh

"Carson hurry up!! You are going to be late!!" my dad yelled as i walked into the kitchen. I glanced at the clock.

7:04 crap.

Really quickly i put some nutella on a bagel and put some potato soup in my lunch with a granola bar.

My dad was already in the car and i jumped in the passenger seat. I eat my breakfast in the car cause im not getting up any earlier than 6:40.

The 20 minute ride to school was filled with my dad cursing at red lights and listening to his bad music. Finally we pulled into the  parking lot and my dad yelled," HAVE FUN AT THE NERDERY!!" as i jumped out of the car. I go to a gifted school or in other words, a school full of nerds and geeks. I walked through the crowded hallway as i made my way to my locker.

"Hey Carson!" my best friend Elsa yelled.

"Hey. Have you seen Avery?" i asked, getting out my books for 1st -5th period. Avery is my other best friend. We have known each other since preschool and we both love 5sos.

"No, i think their bus is late again." she said taking off her coat and putting it in her locker. We walked into homeroom together and sat down. Right when the morning announcement started, so did a daydream.  

Im in the stadium. Girls screaming everywhere, some crying. Im sitting in my seat, and everybody else in jumping up and down. Suddenly everything gets quiet. the girls move aside and I am face to face, with Calum Hood. He grabs my hand and pulls me up on stage. I stand infront of thousands of girls, my knees shake. I fall, but Calum catches me and carries me backstage. No words, all me does is hold me.

"CARSON!!" Elsa yelled, waving a book in front of my face.

"Sorry. I spaced out. " i said.

"The bell rang. We are going to be late." Elsa is Asian and White, with semi-long, shiny brown hair. She is around 5-6 inches taller than me, but we couldn't be more alike. I stood up and grabbed my books. We started walking to the other side of the building. When we walked into 1st hour English we sat down and class started.

"Hey Carson." my friend Spencer yelled across the room.

"What do you want Spencer?" i asked, annoyed.

"Can i borrow your math homework?" he asked. I groaned and gave it to him. Its easier to give it to him than fight about it. When class ended i walked to my next class, Science, with Avery.

"I had another day dream in home room." i whispered to her.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Nothing. I never talked, barley moved. I just wish sometime i get the words out, and tell them, tell him how much i love them." i said.

"Im sure you will someday." we. sat down in science and managed not to fall apart before lunch.

I walked into the cafeteria and almost screamed. The mean girl of the school still had our table. Jesy has been taking it for over a month just because i don't like her.

I sat down at our new table and Elsa and Avery joined me. We talked, laughed, and yelled. Normal lunch. And it wouldn't be normal is Jesy didnt send one of her minions to torment me. This time she sent Sam. He walked over to our table and lifted me out of my seat. (its not hard to do, i only weigh 70 pounds.)

He sang to the beat of the My Little Pony theme song, "My Little Bitch!!" then sat me down and went back to his table.

Elsa and Avery looked at me shocked.

"Carson its oka..." Avery said, but i ran out of the cafeteria with tears streaming down my face. I ran to the nearest bathroom and locked the door. I could hear Elsa and Avery trying to get in. I just cried. It wasnt long until i had another day dream.

Im sitting in spanish class and i am listening to Señora Conard when the room goes silent. Señora Conard's mouth is still moving, but no sound comes out. The lights dim and a single spotlight comes in the door. In the spotlight is Calum. He walks to my desk and picks me up. he sits in my desk, then puts me on his lap.

"Carson!! Please let us in!!" Elsa yells. I let out a shaky breath then unlocked the door.

"Carson, its okay." Avery says giving me a hug.

"Thanks guys, but I think im going to call mom to come get me. " i walk out of the bathroom. Then into the office.