TMNT: We don't play The Game .14.

TMNT: We don't play the game

Chapter 14 - All kinds of awesome.

I left Mark to sleep in my bedroom. I'd called upon Freddy to help me move him swiftly into my bed; afterwards he accompanied Ebony to catch her train back upstate. I was left to wander about the apartment aimlessly for a while, and every now and again I felt an onslaught of tears racing my way, but something would keep holding them back. It was probably the part of myself which handled all the self-loathing. I was saving the tears up so the pain would last even longer when I eventually broke down and drowned in the sorrow.

I was sat on the couch staring blankly at the wall opposite me. I hadn't even noticed how dark it had gotten, and I probably would've remained there until Freddy returned home if it wasn't for the onslaught of cop cars that blared their way past the window behind my head. I was shaken for a moment from the noise, then I spun round and lifted up the window and stuck my head out into the cold.

"Holy SHIT!" After the cavalry turned round the corner, and the sirens had ebbed away into the distance, I glanced up at the rooftops opposite and couldn't help but notice that... Yep, there he was, just hoppin' along, one roof to another. "Hey!"

Nothing.

"HEEEEYY!"

Not a thing.

"Pff. Whatever."

So off he hopped.

"Like HELL you do!"

By the time I tripped over a couch cushion, and pulled on my sneakers, I was out of the door, without a jacket again.

At God knows what time in the morning.

Again.

Chasing after the same guy.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Again.

And one more time, again.

But what else did I have to do with my time? There certainly weren't any exams to study for, songs to practice or write, and no brother to wonder and worry about. So why the hell shouldn't I follow this vigilante through the city?

It was cold.

I'd started off sprinting, which I had been told on numerous occasions was a bad start, but after about five minutes of running I'd gathered a collected, steady jog, and had completely lost sight of Nightwatcher. I was just about ready to give up and head back to the apartment, before the familiar blaring of police sirens coursed into the air, followed quickly by the certain blue and red flashes of light bouncing off of the brick exterior of the surrounding buildings.

As I peered round the corner of the building which was hiding the flurry of noise and colour, I saw that there were about four cars positioned around a dark alley about half way down the road, in each car were two cops sat in the front seat. Some doors were half open, their feet poised on the asphalt ready to spring into action, their guns were cocked and up in the air, all pointed in the same direction. I followed the aim of the guns to the top of a fire escape, at the opening of the alley.

Bingo.

I'm not exactly sure what he was doing, but it involved holding another human above his head. It wasn't a clear image as much as it was a conspicuous silhouette against the moonlight, the sly bastard... That was sarcasm. He clearly wasn't going be done for a while, and I still had nothing better to do than wait for him to finish out in the cold.