IV

Cassie Cassandra

Roby and I walked in the living room and spotted two dudes on the couch. "And who gone be the lookout?" one of them asked Tarius. I leaned on the wall and Robyn sat in the chair.

"What's going on? who are they?' I asked. "Gram, Cassie and that's Robyn (pointing to Roby). MQ, Cassie, and Robyn. They with us." Tarius said. "Nah, Nah, ion think so. Nah, then we're going to do more than what's planned. D why you let him do this?" I said. "Actually C. it was my idea. See, Gram got the equipment and he did this before. So why not. you feel me?" she said. I looked over to the dudes and Gram winked at me. "Then. MQ, see he got a big ass truck so you know. We gone slide through in that," she said. "Okay, I guess. But what about the last day of school? they down with that too?" Robyn said. "Now see, they didn't even know about all that Roby," Tarius said. She covered her mouth "oops". "nah we ain't tripping over it. it's none of our business. we just wanna do that. And we up.' Gram said. MQ nodded his head ass he was agreeing with him.

Chanel got up and walked to the bathroom. Robyn was playing on her phone & the guys were talking. I sat next to MQ but not to close because I didn't know him like that.

Robyn Meagan

I was texting Chanel while she was in the bathroom.

***The conversation***

Me- Who are these dudes D?

D- They Tarry cousins. . . Well, they close like cousins.

Me- ain't never hared him mention them

D- girl bc they only link up when situations like this occur

Me- lemme find out you know everything tho & the fuck you in there doing?

D- nosy ass. Mind ya own!✋

Chanel walked out the bathroom then Tarrius got up & they both went into the kitchen. Next thing Tarry parents walked in "Hey everyone, where's Sagittarius? " His dad asked taking his shoes off.

"I'm back here with your annoying daughter in law! She eating the cucumbers again pop!" he yelled.

"Boy stop complaining and be a man,"

he said.

LATER THAT DAY:

I was in my room laying down thinking about what my life would have been like if my parents didn't leave. I barely remember what my mother look like, Rob says she looks like Angela Bassett. And that our dad looks like Michael Ealy but two shades darker than Ealy. What if Robert & Reagan walked out to? I would be a foster child or in some ally dead. I got off the bed looking into my mirror. Rob & Rea really stood up as parents. Our house looks like we're rich. So I've been told. I rubbed my face. I looked at my hair that needed to be washed. Reagan usually does it. She's been doing it all my life now its three inches above my butt. Girls swear up and down its weave but I don't pay them any never-mind. "Roby boo, look. I'm going out tonight with Rodney. & Robert going out with one of his popcorns. So you Can either go over D's or Cassie' s house." Reagan said. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders. "Wait, wait, hold up. Robyn. You still a virgin? " she asked. "why?" I snapped. That's too personal. "Girl answer the Damn question before I get Rob," she said coming in. "No, I'm not," I whispered.

She gasped covering her mouth "when did this happen? "

I laughed "Rea, mind ya own dang." then the doorbell rang "up, Rodney is outside," I said pointing to the door. She laughed then rolled her eyes "hmm, we gonna finish this later" she said grabbing her purse and leaving out. I followed behind her locking the door. Rob still in the basement getting ready. Everybody with they bae while I'm at home thinking about what I should do with this head of mine. I flopped on the couch and closed my eyes thinking about the time I lost my virginity.

***The Flashback***

I was 14 going on 15. It was this boy and Gosh, he was just about perfect. His name was Calvin Harris. He was 15 going on 16. He had just moved from Michigan. "Excuse me, but is there any candy stores around here?" he asked sounding so proper. "Yeah, its one right up the street. But when you get to that corner ova dere. You make a left when you go to the apartment with the red door. You gotta say Cherry Squirt" I said. He stood there looking confused.

"Roby just go show him. He new here!" Cassie said. "Yeah, girl, gon head" Chanel agreed pushing me on the shoulder. I looked back & they were giving me that "mhm girl, he cute" look. Tarrius was laughing the entire time about something that happened earlier that day. "Okay, come on I'll show you," I said grabbing his wrist walking him to the corner. The walk was silent till he asked: "You lived out here your whole life?".

"Yeah, where you from? " I said looking behind us.

"Detroit. Detroit, Michigan," he said.

"That's what's up. I got family out there and in Grand Rapids." I said.

"Awe. That cool."

"Aight, this it," I said knocking on the door.

"Password" The girl screamed from the other side of the door.

"Cherry Squirt," I said looking around.

The girl opened that door and we walked in. "Hey, Jasmine. He new here" I said. "Mmmmm you cute. Name?" Jasmine said.

"Thanks and I'm Calvin nice to meet you, Jasmine." He said flashing his red braces. After we got the candy. Calvin chilled with us that hole day & every day until...

"Why?" I asked Calvin.

"I don't know. My dad does illegal stuff. We're always on the go" he said sitting on his bed next to me.

"You just got here though" I mumbled.

"Robyn. I'll come back for you, believe it or not, I fell in love with you this summer. This is one summer I'll never forget the baby. When I come back for you, will you marry me? " he said.

I was shocked. "Marry me?" I repeated.

"yes, Marry, me," he said confirming my question.

"But, What if you never come back? And find someone else? "

"I will. And I won't," he said. I looked over at him, then a tear fell down my face. "Don't cry Roby, I'm coming back. I promise," he said leaning in for a kiss.

We started kissing then one thing led to another and we had sex. After it happened, we didn't move one inch. We kept our bodies close to each other. "Yes," I said. He kisses my ear & we fell asleep.

***Flashback over***

The doorbell rang. I got up looking outside wondering who it was. I opened the door and my jaw must've hit the ground or was that my heart that just dropped. "Oh my God" I whispered.

Chanel Darnell

"Mom, I was thinking. We should hang out. We haven't had fun in a while"

She laughed as if I told a joke. "Chanel, I have to work," she said. "OK instead of you taking unnecessary vacations how about we just go to the mall," I whined.

"Then what your father gonna do D?" she asked putting one hand on her hip.

"He can come to. It'll be a family thing" I said getting excited.

"Okay, Saturday Afternoon," she said then grabbed her keys & met my dad in the car. I was excited. I love my parents. Yeah, they do too much but I'll go crazy if I didn't have them. I ran upstairs and got ready to go to work.