Chapter 56

********************
yo its rebecca donaldson

comin atcha with anotha update

muthafuckas

yeah I haven't updated it like years but okay

goodbye

********************

I checked myself one more time in the mirror before going out to find Vinnie to go to the funeral. I looked at my small black shiny high heels that matched with my little-tight black dress. It had a shiny silver belt on the torso area.

I smoothed out my straightened hair and walked out of Vinnie's room. I found him in his dark gray button up and black dress pants with his hair spiked. I slightly smiled when I met eyes with him.

"Ready?" He asked, giving me a hug.

"If I have to be, then yes." I replied. "It's going to be hard-"

"But we are going to be there for each other the whole time." He said, squeezing me harder then backing away. I grabbed my small purse which contained my phone and three packages of small tissues.

Vinnie opened the door for me to go out and then he followed behind me. "Everyone is probably there already, it starts in fifteen minutes." I whined as I got into his car.

"Well maybe if someone didn't take hours to get ready, we could already be there as well." Vinnie remarked, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes looked as we drove away from Grandmas.

We got there and found a place to park, which seemed impossible. I didn't know Allie knew so many damn people. 

Vinnie and I walked through the big double doors. I felt like a stranger when I walked in. But then I saw a pair of twins talking to each other. I smiled widely and walked up toward them. Once I stood near them, they ended their conversation and looked at me.

"Rosalie?" Maddy gasped loudly. She wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug. "I missed you so much!"

"I am so glad to see you. Where's Maisie?" I asked. She looked at me and then pointed at her twin who was eating mints out of a bowl, which had a sign that said Please take one.

I smiled brightly at her and she came running over giving me a huge Maisie hug.

I loved these two girls and I always will. They always brightend up my day at soccer practice.

"Rosalina." I heard someone with a thick italian accent say.

I turned away from Maisie and met eyes with a guy whose hair was slicked back.

"Alfonso." I said. I jumped up and hugged him.

"I missed you Rosalina, but right now isn't the best time to have a reunion. You should go see Allie." He said and kissed my forehead.

I knew I was just trying to buy time. I know I already saw her but it's different now. Everyone will see me and it's just a tad scary.

I nodded at him and he took my hand. He has always been like this, but right know he is being a real great friend.

We walked amongst all the strangers until we found Kate and Mark beside my best friend.

My breathing paced up but Alfonso continued to pull me closer. I didn't want to do this I wasn't ready.

Mark met eyes with mine and he smiled slightly. He could tell me resistance but he also ushered me over to him.

Alfonso let go of my hand when I walked up to the casket. I was about 2 feet away because that was as close as I wanted to get.

"Allie really loved you." Kate said as she rubbed my shoulders. I nodded at her as I took a deep breath in.

Everyone became suddenly quiet when someone started talking. I looked over and people started to move into a separate room.

"What's going on?" I asked Kate.

"Oh it's time for the ceremony. Are you coming?" She asked asked as she began to walk.

"Oh I'll catch up." I said smiling. Alfonso already left to go to the ceremony so, I was left alone with my best friend.

I finally got the courage to look over at her. She was wearing a beautiful purple dress with pearls around her neck. She had many rings on her fingers and she just looked... Comfortable.

"Oh Allie." I said as tears gathered up in my eyes. "I miss you already. All your damn jokes and smart ass remarks. I miss all of that."

"Hey, you coming?" I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Vinnie with tears falling from his eyes.

I nodded and jogged to him, giving him a big hug. "I'm here for you." I said rubbing his back. We both slowly walked back into the small area for the ceremony.

***
We got to the gravesite about an hour later after the ceremony. I felt emotionally drained after I heard everyone talk about Allie. The world would sure miss her. But I would probably miss her more.

Vinnie and I were really late to the gravesite so everything was done and over with, my best friend was now in peace.

Vinnie walked over to her grave with a bouquet of her favorite flowers; daisies. I left him alone for a while to say whatever he needed to say. Besides I needed a break. I was tired and I just needed someone to talk to.

Vinnie walked over to me and said, "I'll meet you in the car."

Before he walked away, I grabbed him by the hand and pulled him into a hard hug. "I love you Vinnie."

"I love you too." He said rubbing my back a little. We let go and he walked to his car while I walked to her grave.

"Oh Allie." I said sighing and sitting down by her grave. I wiped some grass off the top and let my mind roam. 

"I never thought I would be doing this alone." I whispered to her. "I never realized how much I would actually miss you until you were gone."

"I'm gonna miss you when something good happens, because you're the one I want to share it with. I mean come on, you're my Al and I'm your Ro." I said with a couple tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I'm gonna miss you when something is troubling me, because you're the one that understands me so well. And when I laugh and cry, because I know that you are the one that makes my laughter grow and tears disappear."

"I miss you all the time now, but I miss you most when I lay awake at night and think of all the crazy times we spent together, for those were some of the best and most memorable times of my life." I wiped my cheeks with my shirt before getting up.

"I will always love you Al."

***
Vinnie and I stopped in front of Grandma's house, shutting the car off.
"I can't believe she is gone." He whispered.

I stayed silent because I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't believe she was actually gone either.

I needed to get my mind off it for a while, I was exhausted from today. I opened my door and began to walk to Grandma's house.

Multiple cars were in the driveway and I didn't know who was all there.

I walked through the front door and slipped off my shoes. "Rosaline."

"Alfonso." I said before I even got the chance to look at him. I jumped up to him for a hug. Now was the time for a reunion.

"Don't give me all the love, you have many people here." He said laughing and putting me down. I looked into the living room and saw Caiden, Arson, Brad, Pat, and basically the whole soccer team.

"Why are you all here?" I gasped.

"Because we all knew Allie and we knew that it would be hard on you." Maddy said.

And for the rest of the night, I chatted with them about random things. I missed my old friends.