Prologue

By the border of the Dwarf Clan, three dwarves, no older than twelve years old, ran along the border. "Come on, you slow pokes!" Shouted one the dwarves, a girl with red hair that waved through the air. She giggled as she raced ahead of her friends.

"Wait up!" They called, two boys, brothers, twins to be precise.

"We can't keep up," one of them called.

"Oi!" The other agreed. When the girl dwarf finally slowed down to allow her friends to catch up, she was huffing and puffing. She stretched out her stubby fingers to the night sky.

"You guys are so slow," she complained to the twin dwarves, who were leaning on one another to catch their breaths.

"Well you make seem so easy!" The one on the right huffed.

"Oi," agreed his brother. The girl rolled her eyes and continued walking.

"Well," she said. "It looks like I'm the companion of all dwarves!" She turned and started walking backwards, laughing at her friends. Suddenly, as the young dwarf was walking backwards, she tripped over a root of a tree and fell backwards. Her screams were cut short. The twin dwarves looked at each other afraid and confused. Was this another game? They had wondered.

Walking over to where their friend had fallen, they were surprised to find her gone, vanished without a trace. They called her name and ran around with a wild look on their faces.

"What do we do?" One asked.

"I don't know," the other said and the sound of a hooting owl gave them a fright. They both then ran back in the direction of their village without any clue of how they would explain this to their parents.