Chapter 20

The next morning, Jason woke up the feel of something warm and fuzzy near his face. His eyes opened to see, Shari, the saber-tooth ferret, laying nose to nose with him. The ferret's black eyes staring into his. Jason screamed and fell backwards off the bed. He landed with a hard thump. Shari peered over the bed and stared confused at Jason. It chattered at him. Then it jumped off the bed and landed on Jason's chest. The ferret sat on his hunches; tilted his head and chattered some more. And if luck would have it, a knock came at his door. Shari jumped from Jason's chest and scurried up on the desk nearest to it.

"Come in," Jason said somewhat dazed. The doorknob turned; Omar poked his head in and stared confusedly at the disassembled bed and the fallen Jason. His confused looked turned into an amused one when he saw Shari sitting on his hunches on the desk. Omar entered fully and stood over Jason. He extended his hand.

"Need a hand?" Omar asked with a sly smile.

"Yeah, thanks." Jason said taking the hand. When Jason was on his feet, Omar went over and picked up Shari.

"I was wondering where you disappeared to." The elf said, petting the ferret between the ears.

"A friend of yours?" Jason said.

"You can say that." Omar replied. "Anyhow... get dress and ready."

"Why?" Omar stopped petting Shari. The ferret scurried up Omar's arm and rested on his shoulder.

"Because the Goblin Lord has arrived." Omar said in all seriousness. The amused looked vanished from his eyes like a candle in a windy night. Jason nodded.

"Alrighty then," Jason said throwing off his shirt and replacing it with another. It was an extra shirt that Omar offered him since his old clothes had been torn and wasn't clean. He kept on his same old pants since they seem to be the only things that fit him. Omar nodded.

"If you'll follow me then."

----

The Goblin Lord was nothing like Karma had image. Instead of a squatty, green, warty looking goblin she's often seen in the movies, the Lord was light brown, zero warts, and a huge overbite. Two lower fangs stuck out like a saber-tooth, but it was upside down than right side up. He had small, dark brown eyes that seem to notice every movement, and ears as long as a rabbit that could hear even the quietest mouse.

He had very little hair and wore no crown. His outfit was one you would see a lord wear. His tunic was the color of maroon with dark green leggings that didn't exactly match his shirt. A golden belt held them up. A curved dagger hung from that belt. All was quiet at the table and breakfast was served. The only sound that entered any ear was the sound of silverware clinging, chewing, and smacking of lips. When the Goblin Lord, Lord Hunjer, was finished with his meal, he slid the plate forward and dab his huge frog lips with his napkin.

"So," he said a deep raspy voice. "You are our almighty Creator?" His small eyes focus on Karma intently.

"Yes, that is true." Karma said wiping her hands on the cloth napkin and resetting it on her lap. "And we all know why we are here, yes?" The Goblin Lord sighed.

"Yes, of course," Lord Hunjer said. "But I'm most surprise of King Harloff's declaration of defeat."

"Declaration of defeat?!?" King Harloff shouted. "I would rather die in battle than admit defeat to likes of you!" Lord Hunjer gave King Harloff a look of amusement.

"Please, My Lord," Karma said. "I had King Harloff right you the letter of peace. I do not wish for Arula's land to be stain with blood. I hope you don't as well."

"Times are a changing, Creator." The Lord said. "The stars are disappearing one by one, just like olden days. Destruction will come, but, when will it? Who knows for sure." Omar looked extremely alarmed by this. How could he not have notice it before? The stars were disappearing faster than he thought. Karma sighed and shook her head.

"That I know, My Lord. Now. Can we please get the agreements done so that we all return home and resume life back to normal?" After what seemed a month of imprisonment in that dining room, was only most of the day. It took some arguing, disagreements, some agreements, and finally, an agreement. Two copies were written: one for the goblins and one for the dwarves. Both rulers signed and as did Karma, to help insure the peace between both Clans.

"It is settled then." King Harloff said.

"So, it would seem like it" Lord Hunjer said. "For nå."*1

*1 "For na" ~ "For now"