Rescue

***Lucas' P.O.V***

I had been training for months. I had taken more control of my powers and felt as if I was powerful enough to get Brianne and get out. And, as crazy as it sounds, I'm now able to speak to the shadows and control them. And when we figured out where Brianne was, I thought we couldn't get any luckier.

Then we got a call from our guy in Erebus' kingdom. He said that Erebus would be leaving for a couple hours and it would be the perfect time to get Brianne back.

Merliene, Rachel, Alma, Dimitri, Mike, and I were on a private jet to Paris, Italy. Once we got there, we were going straight for the Eiffel Tower, it would be close to midnight though. On top of the tower, there is said to be a portal that Nyx, the Goddess of Night, created to move between her world and ours. It was to be only accessed at night though. Nyx chose Paris because of all the lights here during the night and because how everything was beautiful here.

We were now approaching the base of the Tower. There were guards placed all around the base and to the top of the tower, but it wouldn't be a problem to avoid them.

I opened my mind and called out to the whispers. They all responded in hurried sentences when I called them like this, and I could always tell if there was danger nearby with them. I felt their power running through my veins as they spoke to me. I asked them to shield us from the eyes of the guards and sure enough, we made it to the elevator without them seeing us.

When the doors opened at the bottom, the guards turned around and looked in our direction with questioning glances. When they saw no one get on, they shrugged their shoulders and turned back around. The guards at the top did the same thing.

There was an open section for tourist with lots of money to come up to. But above that is where we needed to go. We climbed carefully to the very top, after persuading Rachel, and stepped on the small platform one at a time. Merliene reached her hand out and, sure enough, it disappeared through the portal. She looked down at me, smiled, nodded her head, and walked in the portal.

Then Alma, Dimitri, and Mike walked through. I had to persuade Rachel to go through before I went through. And what I was met with, left me in awe. 

I was met with a dark sky full of stars, the whitest snow on the ground, and big trees that were bare to the snow. Snow fell softly onto the ground and trees. It was beautiful, but a little creepy at the same time. A huge full moon, the brightest one I've ever seen, hung in the sky; casting shadows everywhere, giving it that eerie look. Everyone in front of me was just as in awe as I was.

"Alright, we need to get going: we don't have much time." Merliene broke us all out of our trance.

We started our journey through the dark forest. After a while, we approached a small, wood cabin. All the lights were off, and it made me wonder if anyone was even there. Merliene walked towards the door and knocked. But only one knock made the door creek open slowly. She looked at me and I walked to the front of the group. I walked in first as a large gust of wind met us in the house.

It smelled musty and stale the further we walked in the house. This was the house of our guy that we got our information from. I walked into what looked like was a bedroom and found a little bit of dried up blood on the pillow. It looked as if no one has been here for a while. 

I walked back out to the group and told Merliene that no one has been home for a while. She nodded her head and told us all to continue with her through the woods. A couple miles later, Rachel was whining, and we found a huge mansion that lit up the forest at least a mile away.