Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Harry's POV 

I keep an amused smile on my face as I hear my mother shouting on the phone, cursing our neighbor out. Our neighbor never really liked us at all. We were never good enough for them. We all knew that it was true, but it still didn't make it right to say. I sighed quietly, looking around the small kitchen as my mother kept on shouting, but soon hung up the phone when their conversation ended. She frowns slightly, furrowing her eyebrows together. 

"Mum, you okay?" I ask quietly, my voice softer that usual. I felt bad for her, she didn't deserve rude comments from some asinine woman that we barely knew. 

"I'm fine, love. I just can't stand that woman. I don't even know why you want to have dinner with them in that stupid, unnecessarily big house of theirs." My mum rambles on, mumbling to herself. 

I chuckle quietly and walk up to her, pulling her into my arms as I hold her tight. "It'll be fine. If it gets too bad, we can leave." I say, giving her a reassuring smile as I kiss her cheek softly. "It'll be fine. I promise." I say hesitantly, pulling away. I knew that she knew it was lie, an empty promise. Every time that we tried to talk to them, it would just end badly. The kids weren't the problem. Just the crazy mother of theirs. 

The following morning, I make my way into the long hallways of school. I'm still a sophomore, but everyone usually wanted to be around me or was afraid of me. Even the seniors. I don't know why, I never liked the fact that people were scared of me. Funny thing is, I was scared of myself. I wasn't aware of the things that I am capable of doing to other people. It scares me. I have so much anger inside of me and I just lash out. Sometimes, when it's really bad, I don't even remember it. Just some faded memory of mine. 

I let out a shuddering breath before walking over to my locker, keeping my black hoodie over my head. I just wanted to go unnoticed for one day. Maybe this is how everyone who wasn't in the popular crowd felt like. My fingers go to the lock as I quickly try to remember the combination. I bite my bottom lip in concentration, 14-28-20. It is so goddamn hard to remember. So are half of the things that we learn in school. School is so pointless. I don't even know why everyone tries to succeed in school. I know that I wasn't going to have a career or an actual nice future, so why even try? It makes no sense to me at all. 

I finally open my locker slowly, keeping my head down as I tap my fingers on the door of my locker. I close my eyes for a brief moment, shaking my head to myself. I'm Harry Styles. I don't need to feel sorry for myself. No. I refuse to do that. I can just take my anger out on something else. Or someone else, to be more specific. 

I snap my head up when I hear people sneering at the small, fragile boy, that was known as Louis. I felt some sense of protection over him when I heard people taunting him, but I quickly snap out of it. What is happening to me? No, this can't be happening. I regain my composure before I silently follow after him, ignoring peoples' encouragement as I went after him. People knew what was going to happen. Louis was such an easy target. The kid is two years older than me, yet doesn't fight back at all. He just takes it. 

As I stride down the hallways, with my usual, cocky smirk plastered on my face, I spot a blonde girl. She must be a freshman, since I didn't know her. I knew everyone at this school, except for the freshmen. I squint my eyes a bit, trying to get a closer look. She is really pretty, almost innocent-like. She notices my staring and gives me a small smirk, waving at me. I raise an eyebrow and laugh quietly, waving back. I already liked her. She is extremely fit for some freshman. She looks a lot like Louis. I slow down my fast pace, remembering that Louis had three sisters. I never met them before, but I could tell that girl was definitely related to Louis. They have the same big, blue eyes. The eyes I could get lost in.