Chapter 9

It's me, again. Ok I'm updating quicker because I have most of my chapters on fanfiction.net, so yeah I completely forgot about my Wattpad account for a little while so please don't hate me. 😕
Chapter 9
Annabeth's POV
Today the war councils of Mercury and Oceania were going to meet today. Apparently both families have heard of the scandal and decided to declare war. This was all my fault, and if my beloved Percy died. I would never forgive myself. So I decided to run away.
I woke up to a dark morning, the moon still in the sky. It was early, around 5:00. Now's my chance. I have to run. I made a ladder out of my dresses. Then climbed down. My feet touched to ground. I had told only person of my plans, Malcolm. My trusting, loyal, brother. He didn't agree, but believed it was the best thing to do to prevent a war.
The morning was chilly. I had thrown on a cloak to wear, but the cold touched my skin. I shivered. I was reluctant to make this decision. This was the only way to avoid a war. I wanted to see Percy once more.
My eyes filled with tears. I didn't want to, but I began to cry. I reached the gardens of Oceania. I was far enough for my family not to find me.
Maybe I could pose as a servant in the castle of Oceania. I could dye my hair and put color contacts. No, they will search for me here. I couldn't stay at Mercury. Maybe Venus, Aunt Aphrodite will help me. I might be able to stay in her castle. Yes, that is what I will do.
I ran to the castle of Venus. Their queen, Lady Aphrodite, was my aunt. Her daughter, Princess Piper was my cousin. I spotted the hot pink castle from the ground. Please, Auntie.
I reached the castle entrance. Mother wouldn't search for me here. She never visited Aphrodite's castle. I ran and knocked on the door. The cold wind blew against my pale skin. The doors opened. Piper was standing there.
"Annabeth! What are you doing here by yourself?" she asked.
"Piper, please let's go inside. I promise to explain everything." I replied.
She walked inside. I followed her.
"Annabeth, what happened?" Piper asked kindly.
I told her everything. About being engaged to Luke. About the secret meetings with Percy. My reasons for running away.
"Oh Annabeth." Piper reached over and gave me a hug.
"I had no choice. I had to come here." I told her.
"Did you tell them you were leaving?"
"No."
"What will your parents think?"
"I wish I knew."
"We must see my mother. She'll know what to do."
Piper ran down the halls. I stayed behind. Soon, Piper came back, with my aunt behind her.
"Annabeth? What are you doing here?" she asked.
"Aunt Aphrodite, I ran away." I answered.
I told her exactly what I said to Piper. Aphrodite gave me a room to stay in. She treated me like her own daughter. We ate dinner together. Piper and I spent some time together. Then I went to my room and fell asleep.
Hi peoples. I hate how short this chapter is! Agh! Anyway, I love ideas for my newer chapters and votes! Yay! Ok thanks.
-Abby