Chapter 13

Percy's POV

I walked into the castle. Mom and Dad looked at me with a smile. Nothing made me feel better. Only Annabeth. She said we had to leave each other alone. For the good of other country. Maybe one day when the feud was over. We would be able to be together.

I climbed up to my room. I just sat there, thinking. I skipped dinner. I just looked outside, hoping to see Annabeth's face in the stars. I dreamed of Annabeth her eyes twinkling when I smiled at her. Her pink lips grinning. I couldn't get her out of my heart.

My dreams were always about her. Our first night in the garden. We danced and laughed. Then kissed good night. I always tried to think of something interesting to surprise her with. After she when missing, my heart hurt. Now it hurt more than it ever did.

I fell asleep. No dreams came to me this time.

The next morning

I woke up to a bright sunlight. Mom and Dad were talking outside my door.

"Do you still hate them, Poseidon? They haven't done anything and that saltwater argument wasn't helpful."
"Amphitrite, no I don't. In fact, I'm thinking of an alliance. Athens is one of the most powerful, and with the pending war with King Kronos, we do need allies."
"I understand. But how with you make the alliances. Offer wed one of our sons and Athena's daughter?"

"Yes. We have no other choice."
"What about the other two?"
"They are both younger and will not be able to get the crown. Athena wouldn't make an alliance like that. She would make sure her daughter would get the crown."
"But Athena wouldn't force her daughter like this."
"We don't have an option, Amphitrite."
"Fine."

I sat up. No. That can't be. Annabeth doesn't want to get married. And Athens and Oceania hate each other. It would be a good thing if we were allies, but still.

I ran down the breakfast. Tyson was playing with a few pieces of metal and Triton was smirking at me. Apparently, he heard the news. Dad was quietly eating his food, which wasn't normal. Mom was reading. She probably finished early. I sat Dow in my place. Dad spoke.

"Now that we're all here. I have to make an announcement. Your mother and I have decided to make an alliance with Athens. I must speak with King Fredrick and Queen Athena about this. But I am sure she will approve, since it is our only chance in defeating Kronos."

He said the last part quietly, but I still heard him. Which of us will have to marry Annabeth?

"Anyway," Dad continued, "Triton will have to marry Athena's daughter to make the alliance. Since he is next in line, Athens will approve."

My jaw dropped. Annabeth and Triton? No, what? I know we decided not to talk to each other, but I still cared about her. I know she would hate marrying him. I had to tell Jason and Piper.

After breakfast and the shocking announcement, I went out riding. I took Blackjack from the stables and rode to Venus, Piper's mom's kingdom. Jason was probably still there.

Piper and Jason we at the entrance of Venus, the kingdom of queen Aphrodite. Piper ran towards me.

"Percy!" she screamed.

Then she let go and stared at my face.

"Why are you here?" Piper looked as if she was wanted to slap me.

Jason came behind her. I took a deep breath. My heart was heavy. I felt as if the air was being sucked from my lungs.

"Annabeth's engaged." I said.

Jason and Piper gave me a questioning look.

"To who, you?" Jason asked, confused.
"No! My-"
"Brother?"
"Yeah."
"Triton?"
"Yep."

Piper stood there shocked. Her face was also held a confused expression.

"Wait, Annabeth's getting married. To your brother?"
"Yeah."
"The annoying obnoxious one or the adorable sweet one?"
"The first one."
"That's no good."

Piper put her finger to her lips. Maybe I could tell Annabeth. But we promised not to talk to each other. Jason and Piper were quietly whispering while I was thinking. Suddenly, Piper's voice entered my thoughts.

"Percy, what if we tell her?"
"I guess that would work." I replied.
"Alright. Jason can you get Apple?"
"Sure Pipes." Jason replied.
"Thanks."

Jason ran off to the stables. Piper looked at me, reading my thoughts.

"You know, if you're worried, Annabeth's not going to hate you. She just won't be happy about it."
"Thanks Piper."

At that moment, Jason came in with Piper's horse Apple. Piper hopped on and Jason came behind her. Piper turned to Percy as she grabbed the reins.

"You're welcome to stay at my place. Mother won't mind. She loves having guests over."
"Thanks for the offer Piper. I think I with."

She nodded and rode off with Jason. I walked inside the doors of the pink castle. Now how to get around.

Sorry about these slow updates and terrible ending. I'm a horrible writer and I'm trying to finish this story. The ending my come sooner than I want it to, and I'm might rush this. I'm soooo sorry.
-Abby