Unexpected Event

Previously:

Gumball's POV:

I feel a stinging on my cheek and realize I had gotten punched. "Answer me brat!" Another punch came towards my chin and scraped my lip. As another hit my left cheek. I felt the metallic taste of blood seep into my mouth. "I was going home." I say in the most stern voice I had. His face turned into one of disgust. He went to punch my stomach when I lifted my leg and kicked him in the balls. His buddies let go of me and went over to his side. I darted out of there. No one was going to hurt my child.

I ran the fastest I could out of there and made it home. I didn't see any sign of Marshall and made my way upstairs to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror to see two bruises starting to form on my cheeks and a busted lip. Just great. I cleaned up my lip the best I could and applied makeup to my cheek to hide the faint bruises.

I was exhausted and made my way to the bed. I was beat. I laid there and got lost in thought again. I'm cold. Where was Marshy? I didn't see him when I entered the house. I wonder if he went out again. I don't care. With that said I closed my eyes and slept into the darkness alone.

-------------------------------------------------------

Marshall's POV:

Work was such a pain. Everyone was screaming at each other. From Jake to Carly and the manager to everyone. We couldn't get anything done. We had to stay 2 hours after rehearsal because of everyone's attitude. They don't understand that I have to get home and take care of Gummy and the baby.

As soon as rehearsal was over I rushed home to see that Gummy was already asleep. I wanted to say sorry I haven't been able to spend any time with him lately. With the nursery being built and rehearsal everything has been busy and stressful. All I need is to hold Gummy.

I take off my shirt and pants, leaving me in my boxers and crawl into our bed and spoon Gummy. He leans into my touch and I fall asleep with my arms wrapped around his waist cautiously over his bump and a smile that lifted I my face.

I woke up with bed space empty. I looked over to the clock to see the time of 10:00. Shit. I have to be at the studio at 11. I get up and throw on a black tank with a rock and roll sign on the front with my special red flannel and black jeans. I put on my red converse and quickly brush my teeth and style my hair anyway I could which was brushed into somewhat of a quiff.

I rush downstairs to see Gummy making food. "Good Morning Baby." No response. I walk over to see him with his hair covering his face as he makes an omelette? "What are you making?" It was silent for a few minutes until a very soft voice spoke "An omelette." Something is wrong. "What's wrong baby? Are you hurt? Please tell me." No response.

The room was quiet, the only noise was the scraping of the spatula on the skillet. I grab Gummy's wrist and turn him around fast. He yanked his wrist out of my grasps and pushed me. I looked into his eyes to see only fear and sadness. He held his wrist to his chest and backed up. What did I do?

"Gummy, are you okay?" Dead silence. Smoke started to emit from the skillet and Gummy zoomed to the stove and turned it off quickly. He took the now black and burnt egg and threw it away. I look to the clock to see the time is 10:45 and the studio is 20 minutes away. I want to stay but I have missed to many days and will get fired. I need to keep a job to support this family. With nothing left to do I kissed Gummy on the cheek, which he flinched to, and said "We'll talk later. I'm going to be late. Bye Baby" and grabbed my keys. I rush out of the front door and into my car and hurried to the studio.