Reynolds Scandal

*Angelica's POV*

Things carried on as usual for me. I went to school, visited Peggy when I was told to, took Eliza to therapy, etc.

Honestly, I seemed like the only one in my family who wasn't effected heavily by this. Sure, it hurt knowing that my baby sister almost killed herself, but I could move on knowing she was fine.

My day started like it always did; my 5:30 wake up routine. I sprung out of bed and woke Eliza. "Good morning, Eliza!" I said and gave her a quick hug.

She smiled slightly at me and went to get dressed. I smiled and walked over to Peggy's bed.

"P-" I stopped myself.

That's right; she's not home.

I shook my head and headed to my car with Eliza.

----

After my first few classes, I was walking in the hallways in between classes and I over heard people talking as they passed.

Muffled conversations such as "can you believe it?" "Why are they even here?". Those really didn't bother me, I just shrugged them off.

Then, I heard something which really caught my attention.

"Did you notice that since that other Schuyler isn't in school, neither is that new Maria girl?"

I stopped in my tracks and thought. They're right; since Peggy has been away, Maria hasn't been seen around.

I stood in thought, trying to piece everything together. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Eliza coming up to me.

"Hey, come on. We have to see Peggy today. Let's get going." Eliza said and took my hand, guiding me to our car.

---

"Eliza, I'm telling you. This doesn't add up any other way." I said as we arrived to the ward.

I parked my car and we sat in the parking lot for a while.

"Angelica, can we talk about this later? Peggy really needs us. The last thing we should be doing is attacking her."

I sighed. I guess Eliza was right. But this really needed to be addressed.

Peggy would never, would she?

I got out of car and we walked inside.

I saw Peggy and my face went blank; I didn't feel anything.

I knew her secret. I hated it.

I forced a smile and played nice.