Chapter One

'What the hell are you doing here', Lilly gulped out in astonishment. A frown covered the forehead of his extremely handsome face. ' Sorry to disappoint you but I happen to be the owner of this company. And may I say you have come to the very right place miss.. Lilly', came the poisonous reply from him after flipping the pages of her file in front of him.

Life can be cruel and well.. unforgiving, the example was just right there, sitting in flesh and blood.

'So, Ms Lilly you are here for the post of a secretary', he asked with a strange expression on his face, almost unreadable. ' Yes, but now I think I am not going to get any chance', she told him while trying to escape from his almost piercing eyes. 

'Why don't you start your work from tomorrow and remember to talk to Mrs Anderson she will tell you the details'. James Barndstone looked at her with an amusement. She stared at him with an unbelievable expression and walked towards the door. ' By the way welcome to my den', came a voice from behind. A voice that filled her heart with fear, anxiety and... desire.

The day passed without any progress. Lilly was getting ready for her celebration party, which apparently was thrown by her. However, it was a brilliant idea of her excited friends. ' I don't think I should join, I mean what I did earlier...' Lilly opened her mouth to complete the sentence but could not. ' Well what have you done now', Emma asked. Emma was practically Lilly's only family here. Her best friend and more than a sister.

' I slapped him', came a sheepish reply from Lilly. 'WHAT... You Did What'.  Emma could not believe her ears. 'I slapped him ok and well I did not know it was him, James Barndstone. How would I know he was Walking among the common people. He owns half of the business in this world perhaps. I just.. Well he was the reason I spilled my coffee on my Channel bag and my skirt  was'.. 'Shut up you idiot girl gash! Can you do one thing right Lilly. You just can't slap someone because that poor guy tripped'. Emma was still in shock and surprised. 'Well I did it and U have no regrets', saying this Lilly gave a slight smile to Emma. 'God help you now because you are going to see HIM a LOT NOW'. Emma replied with her thousand watts smile.

'Bloody He'll, I forgot He is my Boss'. A shock crept over Lilly's entire body and her blue eyes opened as wide as they could. 'Remember the perks of being a secretary to James Barndstone'. Emma giggled hysterically and Lilly was just thinking why James gave her a job without any interview...