One.

Cynthia Santana

I walked inside the house carrying my sheet music and my Keytar Keyboard, dressed in my uniform since I was coming home from band practice.

"Hey." I spoke lowly to my mom as I closed the front door.

"Hey I'm glad your home." My mother Jen said. "I was worried you marched over a cliff or something."

"Im fine, band practice just ran a little late. Where is Dad and Carter?"

"Your dad went back to the office and Carter went over to his friend's house ."

I nodded and looked at her as she cooked.

"Why do yall keep having these late band practices, are you guys that bad?" I laughed and looked at her.

"No, but if we want to win the State Championship then we have to practice."

"I just feel like marching around with a Keytar is going nowhere."

"I could get scholarships to school just marching around." I said clearly annoyed.

I grabbed my Keytar case and walked to the bathroom. I pulled the pregnancy test out and opened the box. I read the instructions and then took it.

As I looked at the test, tears filled my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Me pregnant at fifteen was the worst nightmare of all.

**
Erica Mena

"Leaving so soon?" Mia said as I got out the bed.

"Don't act like you don't know the routine by now." I laughed putting on my shirt.

"Aren't you tired of doing this?" She asked.

"No I'm perfectly fine with what we have going on."

"Let me rephrase that. I'm tired of this Erica, you never take me out anywhere, all we do is have sex."

"Look you was good with this whole thing before why you trippin now?"

"Because I've started to grow feelings for you." She spoke starting to tear up.

"Mia you know I don't believe in relationships. I love what we got going and I'm not trying to change it. If you wanna stop this then let me know but for now I'm gone." I Kissed her forehead and left.

As you all may know my name is Erica J. Mena I'm a sophomore at Alexander Hamilton High School. I have been in and out of foster care my whole life. Why? You guys will later find out but my new foster parents Johnathan and Samantha are cool and I get along with them pretty well.

 Why? You guys will later find out but my new foster parents Johnathan and Samantha are cool and I get along with them pretty well