Five.

Erica Mena

I know she didn't say what I thought she just said. Damn, I never get caught slipping but the ONE time I slip I get the consequence.

"It's mine?"

"Of course Erica I wouldn't be telling you if it wasn't. Plus I was a virgin when we had sex"

"Damn man." I said putting my face in my hands. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I went to the doctor and I'm two and a half months."

"That sounds about right." I said shaking my head.

I knew I should have pulled out after the condom broke.

"I-I don't want you to feel trapped, Erica im really sorry about this." She said tearing up once again.

I sighed and wiped her tears.

"It ain't nothing to be sorry for. This is both our foughts and we have to take responsibility for our actions."

"So you're not mad at me?" She sniffed.

"No, i just hate that you were possibly going to keep this away from me."

She didn't say anything which made me believe she wasn't going to tell me.

"I know we don't really know eachother that well but damn Cyn. That's cold that you would keep my child from me."

"I wasn't even planning on keeping it. I was going to get an abortion and since you didn't know about it, I wouldn't have anything to tell you."

"So you were just going to kill our baby?" I was livid that this thought even crossed her mind. Sure we aren't together and we are in high school but I would never let anyone abort my child.

"I didn't know what to do. We are in high school we can't raise a child. We aren't even together. My mom wouldn't let me get an abortion until I talked to you about it."

"Just because we aren't together doesn't mean anything. Adoption or abortion would never cross my mind when it comes to a baby. I'm glad she didn't let you go through with it." I said kinda hopeful.

"You actually want to keep the baby?"

Do I really want a baby? I'm only a sophomore in high school. Living in a foster home. Hell I don't even have my own parents and here I am
trying to be one🤦🏽‍♀️.

I have dreams big dreams that I needed to go to college to achieve but I guess my dream is going to involve my baby. Their's no way in hell I was just going to leave Cyn alone to raise something I helped create. That's just not me.

"Yes, it's kind of bittersweet that we are having a baby."

"What do you mean?"

"Like I wanted to be married and stable before I started a family. I'm excited because nothing is better than to be loved by your own child. Our baby will possibly help me fill the void of love that I didn't get as a baby or child. Even though my parents were shitty, I always loved them no matter what they did. Us barely knowing eachother is not cool. It's my fault for having sex with you without fully knowing you."

"We both take the blame in all this and I'm sorry about your parents. Hopefully we can be good parents we will make mistakes, but as long as we are in it together and I'm not alone in all of this then we might make it."

"I would never leave you alone to raise our baby." She snickered a little bit and I looked at her. "What's funny."

"This whole 'our' thing." She busted out laughed and i did too.