Four.

Cynthia Santana

An hour has passed and my mother still hasn't come out her room. I helped my brothers clean up the kitchen as we talked.

"Dang, Cyn you actually having a baby?" Carter said loading the dishwasher.

"Sadly, I'm two months and a half months now."

"Whose this nigga that got you pregnant?" Christian asked popping his knuckles. "I just wanna talk."

"HER name is Erica."

Carter sighed and shook his head.

"Please tell me you aren't talking about Erica Mena."

I held my head low and he automatically knew I was indeed pregnant by Erica.

"Cyn, she's the totally player, she uses these girls then leave them. How could you get pregnant by her!" He yelled.

"I never planned on having sex with her. It just happened she was saying all the right things and I fell into her trap."

"I can't believe you would be so dum Cynthia." Carter said slamming the plate in the sink and left the kitchen.

"Carter!" Christian said trying to get his attention but he continued walking.

"Cyn, they all just need to blow off some steam. It caught everybody off guard that you, Daddy's little princess is pregnant. They expected so much more out of you."

"Yea I know but it's nothing I can do about it now. Except maybe abortion."

"Look big sis Ima be real with you. Before you make any big decisions you need to talk to Erica and decide this stuff with her. I would be mortified if someone killed my baby that I never knew about."

Taking everything my brother was saying, I realized that everyone wants me to talk to Erica first. So, I guess that's what I have to do.

**

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and sausage. My stomach instantly started growling letting me know it was time to eat. I got out my bed, brushed my teeth and used the bathroom quickly.

Walking into the kitchen my mom looked like she was in a better mood. But when she turned and seen me she sighed. I looked down and sat at the table. She sat across from me and I continued to look down.

"Cynthia.. you know better." She said getting straight to the point. "You know I was your exact age when I had you. I didn't want you to follow into my footsteps."

My mom got pregnant with me her sophomore year in high school. Her parents flipped and kicked her out but my dads parents was nice enough to let her stay with them.

"I'm not going to do the same thing to you that my parents did to me but you know this is a huge responsibility."

I nodded looking down.

"Carter told me the father/mother was some one named Erica Mena."

"Yes."

"Does she know?"

"No I didn't tell her....yet."

"Well you need to tell her, you can't do this by yourself."

"I just don't know how to tell her."

"Well you better. You were grown enough to have sex with her so now you better tell her." She said getting up and set a plate infront of me.