Chapter Five - Leave Them Alone

Picture of Sadie

Elizabeth

A stranger found me, called 911 and probably saved my life. I never got their name.

Corinne and Sadie have been very protective of me ever since. Well, ever since we got kidnapped and they both betrayed me. Seriously, sisters before misters.

"What's wrong?" Easton asks me as a tear slides down my cheek. He lightly brushes it away with his thumb. I flinch away from his touch. This makes him look like a wounded puppy.

"Why-" but he is cut off when Sadie jumps in front of me and pries me out of her and Corinne's mate's hands. She pulls me in close and hugs me. I sob into her shoulder, not being able to hold it in anymore. I hate being weak.

"Just give her a moment." Sadie says while rubbing my back. I hiccup into her shoulder.

'Lizzy?' Lila asks.

'Yeah?'

'Can I take over while you are... Upset?'

'Yes, please do!' I practically beg. I don't want to be in control of this anymore. I need time. I don't want to bear the weight of my sorrow any longer.

"Lizzy?" Easton asks.

"It's not Lizzy anymore." Lila smiles while stepping away from Sadie. You see, Lila wasn't as upset as me about the day we got beat up. She simply shook it off and moved on. It wasn't so easy for me. My family still doesn't know.

I feel another agonizing surge in my heart when I think of my family, especially my brother, Reydan.

"Lila, can you tell me what made Elizabeth so upset?" Easton asks timidly, taking another step towards Lila. I can feel her breath hitch in her throat at his proximity.

Being in the 'backseat' of my body pretty much means I see the world through my eyes if I choose, but I don't control my body. If I want to sleep or have alone time, I simply close my eyes and I can't see anything Lila sees anymore. It's complicated.

I watch for now, but I'm certain I will quit in a few minutes.

"Maybe," Lila puts her hand on his arm. "But I need to do it alone, and when she is asleep. I don't want to bring back anymore painful details for her." Even from my spot in our mind, I can feel the sparks exploding from where our skin touches his. It feels good. Makes me a little happier.

"I understand," Easton smiles while grabbing Lila's hand. She blushes. She is way more into this mate thing than I am.

"Would you like to talk to Blake?" Easton purrs.

"If you wouldn't mind." Lila giggles.

At this point, I shut my eyes and let the clear and calm of Lila's mind lull me to sleep.

€£¥

When I wake, I'm on the couch in the living room. Easton is pretty much under me, with two arms snuggled around me in a protective embrace. As much as I loathe Easton and miss my brother, Reydan, and my parents, I can't help but push into his chest a little more.

His embrace gives me warmth like I have never experienced before, and I relish in it. I close my eyes tight.

"Elizabeth," Easton breathes while stroking my hair. I pretend to sleep. "I love you more than I could ever tell you when you're awake. I just... I just wish you you would love me, the way I love you." He kisses my head and pulls me closer.

I want to tell him so bad. I want to tell him that it's not his fault that I push him away. Ever since the 'Jordan incident' I have been so indifferent. Afraid to trust anyone other than Reydan, Sadie and Corinne. It's hard for me.