Chapter Twenty-Four - Oatmeal and Arguing

Elizabeth

I can hear the odd commotion coming from above my cell. It's been about ten minutes since Julian left me down here. I don't know what's happening, but I can only hope it's someone who has come to save me.

But do I really need someone to save me? Should I try and escape this on my own?

Of course you should, idiot.

I walk over to the lock on the cell. It has a keypad and a fingerprint scanner. Great, just great. There's no way I'm getting out of this one.

The door squeaks open. Light pours into the cells, burning my eyes in the process. I bring my hand up to shield my eyes as footsteps echo down the stairs.

Please be someone who cares about me. Please let them save me.

"Stop doing that you look like you're taking a dump." Ryder says while breaking the lock on my cell door. I don't care that he just insulted me. I don't care about what he's done to me.

"Ryder!" I scream while tears spring into my eyes.

He opens the door and casually leans against it. "That's my name don't wear it out."

"Oh my-" I don't finish because my arms are already around his neck.

"Okay," he says. "You have a very possessive and annoying mate to get back to."

I don't respond, I just continue to hold him close to me. Sighing, he picks me up and carries me on his hip, my head still on his shoulder.

When we reach the top of the stairs, he sets me down. My knees are shaky in anticipation. What if I can't find it in myself to forgive Easton for everything he's done? I shake my head to the clear the thought. There's no point in thinking about that now.

That's when I see him. Through the fighting bodies, the bright red of blood, and the stench of sweat and urine.

He has just killed the alpha. His body is shining in sweat, his cotton shirt clinging to his muscular body.

Before I can stop myself I've called out his name. His head turns towards me and my breath hitches in my throat.

€£¥

"Before you guys start the baby making process, there are a few things we have to do." Nathan says. My face heats up at his words before Easton mumbles an "okay".

Easton, Ryder, Kiera, Nathan and I address Julian's old pack, laying down rules and how life is going to be now.

Easton and I finally have a moment alone, in his room in the pack house.

"Lizzy?" He whispers, placing on hand in my waist. I can feel his fingers lightly tracing circles on my hip.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry." He kisses my neck lightly. "I'm so so sorry baby girl."

Then his lips are against mine. I don't even have a chance to say, "I forgive you,". However, by the way his arms slide around my waist, I think he already knows my answer.

I thread my hands through his hair, tugging slightly on the ends. Our kiss gets rougher. His hands move further down my body while he pushes me up against the door.

He moves away from my lips and down my neck. We're both breathless, but we don't care. In this moment it is only him and I and how much we feel for each other.

"Elizabeth." He whisper between kisses. "My Elizabeth."

We got onto the bed and continues to make out.