Chapter XXVII

Help! Help! There coming!!!
Foxtail was howling into each and every den trying to find rosefur.

The moon was full and it was the only light in the near-black forest.

My contractions had gotten closer and closer together until now I was sure, and I had just enough time to call to foxtail, before I began to have non-stop spasms.

Rosefur burst through the blackness into the nursery.

She was holding a fat stuck in her jaws, along with a variety of leafs that I didn't know the names of.

Everything was foggy, everything hurt, everything was loud and ringing. each time rosefur or foxtail said something it sounded garbled, and echoed.

I was able to make out what they were saying shortly before I fell back into the fogginess.

You can do it! It ok! Everything will be fine.

I was in so much pain I could hardly take it in, rose fur shoved the stick in my mouth, and I bit down as hard as I could when the spasms came.

Before I knew it there were three tiny balls of fur, lying beside me, stumbling around, trying to find the milk they smelled.

Two males, and a she-wolf

Lion claw, tiger heart, and star shadow.

I gently nudged them closer with my tail.

A wave of fresh tiredness came over me and I could hardly keep my head up, but i just kept licking them, until their fur fluffed up, like little fuzzy clouds. Then I put my head down, and instantly fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up, the sun gleamed in thought the honeysuckle bush.

I suddenly remembered the pups laying bye my side, one two... STAR SHADOW!?? I got up frantically, waking tiger heart and lion claw, only to realize, she had only strayed a tail length away.

I guided her back to the nest, and layed back down.

I woke up, with a jump, as a rabbit thumped bye my side.

Hungry? Asked foxtail

I yawned and bent down to take a bite, when I heard a yelp.
Star shadow was at foxtails feet, pawing at her ankles.

Hi little one! Said foxtail.

The pups were only a day old, and hadn't opened their eyes yet, but she could still sniff out foxtail, she was bound to be a good hunter.

Tiger heart and lion claw were squeaking, and rolling about, trying to find their paws.

Soon they were all climbing on top of foxtail, while she yelled, oh no! You got me! Help help!

I smiled and watched them play, but before long they got tired and could hardly stand up. I guided them back to the nest, and ate the rabbit.

Later that morning feirce claw was talking to foxtail.

WHY DIDNT YOU WAKE ME?!

because I didn't want you to worry that they wouldn't make the night.

How about in the morning?!

You're our only other hunter, besides me, and you needed your rest.

He rushed in, and looked aghast at the three tiny pups.

One cream colored, and two black pups. Lion claw, tiger heart, and star shadow.

He crouched down and nudged one of them gently, but not gently enough, tiger heart fell over, and when he got back up he swiped him on the nose.

A tinsy tiny trickle of blood dripped onto his lip.

That one's going to be feirce, just like his daddy.

He nuzzled each one of them and left.