Chapter 8: To the rescue

Chapter 7: To the rescue

Chelbell2016:

OK so once again this chapter is on no ones POV. This is so I can include all the good parts and the fights. Please review.

*Daughter of Wolverine*

No one's POV:

Cyclops and the others are discussing what Jean had found out by using Cerebro.

"Magneto is here," Cyclops tells the rest. "Liberty Island. Now presumably his objective is to mutate the world leaders at the U.N summit on Ellis Island."

They are all looking at the models in front of us.

"He doesn't know that his machine kills," Storm points out to the group. "And judging from what the professor saw if Magneto gave Rogue enough power..."

"He could wipe out everyone in New York city," Jean finishes.

"All right," Cyclops begins and Logan turns to look at him. "We can insert here at the George Washington bridge, come around the bank just off of Manhattan, we land on the far side of Liberty Island.... here."

Logan has a few queries. "What about harbor patrol. Radar."

Cyclops smirks.

"If they have anything that can pick up our jet," he says to Logan. "They deserve to catch us."

A few minutes later and they are all in the plane. Storm and Cyclops are in the driver seats with Jean and Logan sitting behind them. Logan fiddles with his suit as the plane starts up. It's a bit tight in his opinion.

"You actually go outside in these things?" He questions the other three.

"What would you prefer?" Cyclops says sarcastically. "Yellow spandex."

Logan looks at Jean who gives him a smile. The plane finally takes off. The vibrations are going off outside. The plane comes up out of the basketball field. All the young Mutants hear the noise and look outside to see the plane flying off. They are amazed by the view.

As the plane heads towards it's destination. Logan tests his claws. They get to the bridge and Cyclops prepares to leave. He drops down and the water sprays up at the plane.

"Storm," Cyclops says turning to the white haired woman beside him. "Cover please!"

Storm nods and her eyes turn pure white. It suddenly became very cloudy. Cyclops turns on a screen so that he can still see.

Unfourtanetly Magneto still knows there.

"Toad, Mystique stay sharp. We're not alone," He says into the microphone attached to his ear before turning to Sabretooth. "And you stay here. After I temporarily give my powers to the girl.. you'll be my only defense. And you need to make sure they don't get Charlene's daughter."

Sabretooth looks a little nervous from this.

Cyclops lowers the plane onto the water. He prepares to set it down. It's a rough landing and Cyclops looks a little ashamed.

"Sorry," Cyclops says shaking his head.

Logan gives him a look. "You call that a landing?"

They climb up to where they will enter. Everyone looks up at the statue of Liberty.

"The torch," Cyclops points out as he glances at Logan.

They look up and see the machine at the bottom of the torch.

Rogue is locked in the machine but for now Claire is tied up. She wants to get to Rogue but she cannot move. Toad is watching her and he really smells.