Chapter 12: Attack on the school.

Chelbell2016:

OK so Charlene comes back in this episode. Hope its Okay.

*Daughter of Wolverine*

Claire's POV:

I wake up after a nightmare. I sit and breath heavily. Glancing to the other side of the room I see that Rogue is asleep. As to not disturb her I climb out of bed. Putting on my slippers I decide to go and grab a drink.

I go downstairs and see Bobby sat in the kitchen. He has some ice cream. I decide to join him.

"Hi," I say and he returns the greeting. "Can't sleep either?"

He nods and then looks me up and down.

"Nightmare?" He guesses.

"Top marks," I say to him and he chuckles.

I grab a coke and sit down. We are in silence for a few minutes when we hear someone else enter the room. My dad.

"Hey," Bobby says.

I nod at my father. He doesnt look happy to see me awake.

"Doesn't anybody sleep around here?" He asks glancing from me to Bobby.

"Apparently not," Bobby answers as he takes another spoon of ice cream.

"Got any beer?" Dad asks walking towards the cupboards.

"This a school dad," I point out and Bobby smiles.

"So thats a no?" Dad asks.

"Yeah thats a no," Bobby confirms.

Dad looks at the content of the fridge before speaking again. "Got anything other than chocolate milk?"

I raise my coke and answer him.

"Soda, small cupboard," I tell him.

He nods and goes to grab one. He comes to sit down. After Bobby cools his drink he sits and relaxes for a bit. He then turns to me.

"So... why aren't you asleep?" He asks.

I guess that he has been speaking to my uncle again. I decide to just be honest with him.

"Nightmares," I say and he nods.

"Your uncle told me about her," he says being vague in front of Bobby.

"I don't want to talk about it," I say to him wanting to just drop it. "I just want to forget about it."

He nods and gives me a hug.

"You know where I am if you want to talk Wildcat," he says and I nod my head.

"I'm just glad you're home," I say.

He nods before kissing the top of my head. He then turns to Bobby.

"How long you been here?" He asks and I look up curious.

"Couple years," he tells the both of us.

"And your parents just sent you off to mutant school?" Dad inquires placing his drink down.

Bobby looks a little down as he is asked this. Obviously there is an issue there.

"Actually," he says looking down still. "My parents think this is a prep school."

Dad nods his head.

"Oh. I see," he says. "I suppose lots of prep schools have their own dorms. Campuses."