The Consulting Detectvie Exchange Program

Sherlock, John, Jane, Lisbon, Shawn, and Gus are all called to solve mysteries and murders around the world. The goal is to solve the cases and receive the points. Then, whoever reaches the final destination first, wins. Wins what? That they will find out at the end! (I.e. I don't actually know how it ends...)

Hello! If you have received this letter by managing to open its containment box, then you are invited to 'The Consulting Detective Exchange Program'!
This exclusive event is available for one-time only! We are so glad you could join us for this exciting and possibly dangerous adventure! That is, if you choose to accept. However, there is one condition before you send your reply, you BOTH must agree to participate. You have twenty four hours to submit your answer, that is, if you can figure out this puzzle by then as well...

*Puzzle* (Aha, as you can see, one of the reasons I will not be writing this is that I am crap at writing and thinking up puzzles or crimes or codes or whatever. So this would be too much work for me, soooo....)

Text: Hooray! We're absolutely thrilled you decided to join us for this experiment! Follow these instructions to the starting point. Oh yes, the Program hasn't even begun!
*Code*

Round One: What would this program be if we didn't live up to its name? Consulting Detectives, start packing! For the next few days, you'll be exchanging places with other participants and thrown out of your comfort zone to solve cases and receive points! Your instructions are waiting behind this clue! (Sherlock to Santa Barbra, Shawn to Sacramento, and Jane to London.)

Round Two: Congrats! You've made it this far! And we know you all might be missing a bit of home right about now, so here's some good news: your friends will be joining you shortly! That's right, Consulting Partners! Pack up quick and get over to the next destination! But technically, everyone is moving again for this round, but hopefully, with the help of this puzzle, you'll be back in familiar company in no time! (Sherlock and John to Sacramento or the greater California area, Shawn and Gus to London, and Jane and Lisbon to Santa Barbra.)

Round Three: Now it's time for the exhilarating finale! I hope you've been paying attention, because the only way you're getting to the starting point of this round is if your gathered all of the extra clues from clues since came! Good luck, and we can't wait to meet you! (Scavenger hunt/puzzle maze thing? Underground? Some kind of crazy ending though. Where do they go?)

Definitely this ending: 'Congratulations Detectives, Psychics, and Hobbyists!'
Jane, makes pointing thing at himself, silently asking Lisbon, "Me?" At the mention of hobbyists. She shrugs and does that frown-y face thing she does and quietly replies, "It is kind of a hobby for you."
'Just outside this door is sweet fresh air, open spaces, and plenty of food waiting for you! You can probably smell it, can't you Gus?'
Gus uses the super sniffer and whines, "Yes! Brisket, pizza, (other foods everyone loves)... mmm..."
'Indeed!' Laugh from other end, 'Well, hurry up you geniuses! Before the food gets cold. You've all definitely earned it!' Intercom goes silent. The hall is still dark, but a single light emits from the door. It is only illuminating a keypad, or comes from the keypad. Suddenly everyone is crowding the door. Four digits are very clearly worn down, the geniuses argue about combinations and Shawn yells at Gus for dribbling drool on the handle. Finally, Lisbon shouts, "Hey! Hey! All of you boys! Shut up!" They all turn to argue again, mostly Sherlock, not fond of being told to shut up. Finally, she yells again, "The light is green you morons! The door is unlocked! Just open it!" She pushes forward and yanks open the door. Fresh air spills in. Everyone takes a deep breath and choruses, "Ahh..." and "Oohh..."