A Note In Their Pocket

My eyes flicked open, only for me to snap them closed a moment later to avoid the bright sunlight shining in my face. I tried opening my eyes again, blinking rapidly to let them adjust to the light. I was lying down, and when I shifted, the bed underneath me crunched. Then I realized I wasn't on a bed. I was lying on a leaf covered floor of an autumn forest. The sunlight above me filtered through the red, orange, and yellow leaves, casting the woods in a glow. The air was cool and still.
Finally, I climbed to my feet. Confused, I looked around as I brushed myself off, wondering where I was and how I'd gotten there. I looked down at my clothes, patting down my jeans and jacket, trying to get the dirt off. When I was done, I straightened and admired the beauty and serenity of the peaceful forest, finding it cleansing.
Then I tried to push a strand of hair from my face and realized that most of my hair was riddled with leaves.
'Aw! Now there's leaves in my hair! I'm never gonna get all those out...' Annoyed, I picked as many leaves out of my hair as I could and brushed through it with my fingers.
Starting to get freaked out by the silence, I asked aloud, "Well, what now?"
I spun in a slow circle, looking for a path or direction to go in, thinking I might run into someone who knew where I was. Then I noticed a sound of rushing water and snapped my fingers, "Water. Water would be a good place to find people. And it wouldn't hurt to get a drink."
I started off in the direction that I thought I heard the stream or river. As I walked, I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets and was surprised when my knuckles connected with paper.
I stopped walking and pulled out a white, plain envelope. Thinking it might hold some information, I eagerly but carefully opened the envelope. I pulled out a folded piece of fancy stationary. As I did, a square of photo paper fell out. Quickly, I bent down and picked it up, only to find it blank. It looked old though. Like a photo from one of those old fashioned cameras that printed out the picture. A Polaroid, right?
I frowned and placed the photo paper back in the envelope. Then I busied myself with opening the paper.
Anticipation building as I pulled opened the corners of the letter, I wondered what information it might hold. When I saw that it was empty, my shoulders slumped and I let out a disappointed sigh. I was about to stuff it back into the envelope it came from, along with the photo paper, but my eyes were drawn back to the letter as a light came from it.
I stood in shock, watching as letters began to appear in silvery light, as if they were being written in the moment. Finally, the light tapered off and only two words remained in bold, black cursive, "Good Luck."