Part 28

Jack dashed into the park. This was the one place that Jack was sure Gabriel would avoid, too many bad memories. He sat down on a bench and glanced down at his hands. While running away he realized that the glass from the window had left him with several small, shallow cuts. He walked to a nearby water fountain and winced as he slowly picked away at the glass in his hands and put his wounds under the cold water. As he was doing this his phone began to ring.

"Hello?" He said as he answered his phone, he was careful to not further injure his wounds.

"Where are you?" Gabriel asked; sounding rather frantic. As soon as he heard Gabriel's voice he threw his phone across the park.

"Shit." He exclaimed as it hit the concrete path. He ran to pick up his broken phone and sighed when he realized that it was beyond repair.

____

Meanwhile...

Gabriel sat down in front of Ana's apartment building. He had been running around trying to find Jack. It was made clear to him that Sombra wasn't going to be of any use and calling Jack didn't help in the slightest. He was frantically pacing around the building when he noticed a small red droplet of some kind on the pavement. Blood. He then saw another one and another. He began to grow worried as he followed the sparse trail to the park. Throughout the past two years, he avoided coming here, the place where he had his heart broken, simply for the reason that it brought back bad memories. On any given day he would have continued to avoid this park, but the idea of Jack bleeding somewhere blew away any qualms he may have had.