Two Years Later...

Gabriel and Jack still went to the same school. Jack decided to focus on his writing. Gabriel, however, decided to go into design and he often helped the drama department with wardrobe. They still wrote together when they had free time and actually started a serious project together.

Now, Gabriel ran through the street. Jack had just walked out on him and Sombra told him where he went. He ran up the stairs of the building and pushed open the door to see Jack standing in the middle of the room.

"Hey," Jack said; not turning to face Gabriel, "this place brings a lot of memories, doesn't it?"

"Yeah," Gabriel sighed, scratching the back of his head, "This was where we lived together." He looked around at his old loft, it brought back memories of when they were closer, before it  happened, before he confessed to Jack. Jack sighed as he turned to face Gabriel.

"I'm sorry about what I did." Jack muttered as he walked towards him.

"About what?" Gabriel asked; his brows furrowed, "About walking out or about... rejecting me..."

"I-" Jack paused for a moment, "I don't know." He sighed, "I didn't-"

"It's fine..." Gabriel sighed as he turned to leave, "Let's just go."

"Wait..." Jack said as he stopped Gabriel.

"What is it?" He said as he glanced away.

"About what I did..." Jack muttered, "I didn't want to reject you... I just said it on a whim. I still... like you." He looked upset.

"Sorry," Gabriel said, as he pulled away from Jack, "but I'm over it." As he walked out the doorway, he could see a pained expression on Jack's face. It sent a plethora of guilt through him. Nonetheless, he turned away and left.