Troublemaker (Part - 1)

Riley's P.O.V

I left from there with him overpowering my thoughts. I don't regret leaving but still I crave to go back. I remind myself I ain't the desperate type, I have seen better. Who is he? Just a random guy who doesn't give a shit about me. Good for him. I grab hold of my cycle steadily just as I hear a gunshot.

I follow the trail of gunshot but seem to have lost my way in a silent alley but I wasn't gonna turn back after coming so far. I walked a bit further with the most viscous thoughts ever. There was a metallic smell in the dark alley. I followed the metallic smell and saw a body. I moved slowly towards the body and I could feel my heart thumping out of my chest. I took a closer look and I could see his pleading eyes but if he wasn't dead I could've helped him. If he wasn't dead.

I ran as fast as I could. Away from everything, away from a murder that I had witnessed. I grab my cycle and ride away from that place. The guilt in my chest took the form of adrenaline. I took a break and stopped at a distance. I shouldn't have run away like a coward. I should've at least called the police. But I ran away just like any other person. Now I had only two options. Either I go back and take a risk or I start over.

The day turned into night and the night was deadly. I couldn't sleep, that moment kept on playing in my mind. I checked my phone, there were 13 missed calls and 28 text messages and a voice mail too. I heard the voice mail. It was from Cole. His words held sadness and grief. "I miss you Riley. I'm sorry for what I said. I love you, I always have. I know I don't deserve your apology but please give me another chance. Come back to me Riley." Come back to me Riley. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. All those moments we spent together came flashing back. I wish Cole, I wish I could come back to you but I would never be able to forgive you. Ever.

*****

A new day begins with a reset button. No matter how hard the truth maybe but if I try I could be happy. Nothing is better than a hot shower. All the frustration, pressure and anger melts down with droplets of the water. Today I wore extremely comfy clothes. A pink sweater with white shorts and a pair of white Lacoste shoes to go with them. It doesn't sound like me at all. This is the thing exceptional about today. Today I live a little differently.

I was at the St. Stephens green which was a few miles away from the grafted street, which I visited yesterday. The calm water and the fine breeze was relaxing. There were families, friends and couples hanging out. I decided to lay down for a while. I felt lonely without Mom, dad, Tyler and Quinn. I thought I would be happy if I was alone but I guess I was wrong. There is no place like home.

*****

I was heading towards my hotel when I saw Ryder going down the street. I followed him to a pub. I looked up and it was named as 'Courtney's electro pub.' He didn't look like the playboy or the drug dealer sort of guy but what was he doing here? I went inside and saw him sitting near the bar and talking to some blonde bimbo. I spot a table near the bar and hide there. I tried to hear their conversation but the music was too loud. I snuck out a little and I could hear them clearly.

"Tonight I'm free in case you want some action." The blondie winked at Ryder.

"No Courtney. I am a little busy tonight." He scratched the back of his head.

"Take this. This is my new number in case you change your mind." She kissed him on his cheeks and walked away into the crowd. I waited there for a while but it turned out to be worthless. There wasn't any movement from his side. I decided to sneak out from there slowly.