An Ill Fated Relationship

Riley's P.O.V

"Are you sure you wanna go with him?" Jamie asked while looking at Landon who was in a serious discussion with Leo.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Your acting different. Did he do something to you? Tell me." He cups my cheeks.

"No, he didn't." I hold his hands.

"Okay." He smiles. "Here take this." He sneaks his phone in my right pocket.

"What's tha-" he cuts me by placing a finger on my lips.

"Shhh." He whispers softly. "Just in case you get into any form of trouble don't hesitate just give me a call." He pats my head. I was so overwhelmed by my feelings, I didn't know why but I just hugged him. He was surprised, I could tell because it took him some time to hug me back. I missed Tyler as I hugged him.

"Thank you Jamie for always beings there for me." I tried not to cry as tears threatened to spill.

"You remind me of my little sister. I'll just think that I helped my sister." I pull back and wipe his tears.

"Your crying." I say softly.

"Well I think it'll be hard to say goodbye." He says.

"Hey." I rub his shoulders gently.

"I'll keep in contact with you always." He pulls a strand of hair behind my ears.

"Of course you will." He wipes his tears with the corner of his sleeve.

"Riley." Landon interrupts. "We have to go."

"Jamie." I sniff unable to hold my tears.

"Don't hold it." He pulls me onto his chest.

"Why?" I sniff. "Are good byes so hard?" I cried.

"Maybe because we can't handle the pain of letting someone go." He says softly.

*****

Landon's P.O.V

I wouldn't understand their relationship. It was hard for me understand. Sometimes I felt that Jamie was using Riley against me but sometimes I felt that maybe he genuinely cares for her. I wanted to just take her away from everything that would hurt her but I think that everything would include me too. Since I'm going to be the one reason she'll be hurt the most. We had an ill fated relationship that was never supposed to happen but it just did.

Our eyes meet as she glances at me from Jamie's shoulder. I smile warmly while trying not to think negative because I didn't know how much time I had with her. She bids goodbye to both Jamie and Leo as she advances towards me, I open the door for her. We both sit in the car but there was some sort of tension in the environment. I put the seatbelt for her. Our eyes met again as if they were talking in their own language.

"Don't cry." I look at her. "It hurts my heart." I keep her hand on my chest.

"I won't. I just think I'll take a nap." She says while keeping her head on the window.

I grabbed the blanket from the backseat for her. I didn't want my girl to feel cold, after all it was just 5 a.m in the morning. The sun didn't even rise yet. I took Leo's car instead of Sarah's. I didn't want to take any risks. The cops have been alert since the news about my immigration got out. It is the final step. My journey to Cork will decide my future with Riley. The fear of letting her go already hurts my heart. I abruptly stop the car waking Riley as the sun begins to rise.

The sunrise had become even more beautiful as the sun peeked over the horizon. The sky had now become pink like a sea of cotton candy, with the light of the sun coloring the clouds above with a pinkish hue. As the sun slowly ascended, the sky in the west became a deep neon blue as the light reached further out. After sometime, pink had become a pale yellow mixed with blue. I step out of the car followed by Riley. We were sitting on the hood of the car while watching the mesmerising moment.