Rewind

Riley's P.O.V

Let's rewind the time to the time before we met. Maybe I shouldn't have come to Dublin or met Landon. It was just a play of fate. I was unsure of my feelings and felt guilty when he said that he loved me and I couldn't say it back. Time has been passing by and it feels like I met Landon yesterday. I didn't know him even a little. Now I know him but still it puts me in a doubtful victory.

It's hard to battle with my feelings since I had no control on them sometimes. Especially when Landon was around. It was hard not expect when I was expecting from him. There was nothing like 'no strings attached' or 'just strangers' or 'we're in love' it was much more confusing. I couldn't let me ruin myself. Tyler, Quinn, mom and dad everyone is in New York waiting for me to come back. They couldn't have possibly imagined about this all happening in my life.

I have always run away from things. I didn't have guts to face them then and not now. I wish I was like Landon. By the shit he's been through, he's been strong. He never ran away from things unlike me. He didn't have trust issues. He had the guts to love a broken girl like me but I still was scared to open up to him. I secretly admit that when he kissed me I felt like my organs were dancing in my body. Well it sounds different than sparks flying or butterflies in stomach but it's more practical.

"You're day dreaming again." Landon throws the towel at the chair beside the small tv in the room.

"I am still in my teens." I say like it's obvious. I ogle at his abs. He was half naked with his towel wrapped around his waist. I scratch my head a little to distract myself. I don't want to get while checking him out but it's just my eyes are corrupted. They won't obey me. His damp wet hair, his Adam's apple and his muscles are driving me crazy. I want him to put a damn shirt fast before I loose my mind. "I'm going." I get up somehow controlling myself.

"Where?" He smirks knowingly.

"It's too hot." I sigh. "I'll just go get some fresh air."

"Yeah?" He smirks. I was mentally cursing him. Was it so hard to put a shirt on? My eyes gain travelled to his abs.

"Aren't you leaving?" He asks.

"Yeah I am." I bit my lower lip to hide my reaction of how startled I was.

"Wait." He says softly. He pulled a strand of hair behind my ears and kisses my forehead. Let's not forget the fact that he was still in his towel, shirtless, wet and smelled really good. He puts a hand on my waist and pulls me closer.

"Are you seducing me?" It comes almost like a whisper.

"Maybe I am." He grins while his kisses escalate from my jawline to my neck.

"At least put a shirt on." I say almost breathlessly.

"Why? Does it bother you babe?" His hand slides in my shirt.

"N-Nope." I stammer. Our breaths hitched. He looked at me while his fingers touch my lips. He leaned but looked at me again asking for my permission. I slightly nodded. He leans slowly and kisses me softly. It wasn't a deep, passionate or a hungry kiss. It was so unreal. I caresses the back of my neck while his eyes bore into my eyes, filled with lots of love. He rubs his nose with mine. My eyes softened at his vulnerability. I just wanted to hug him and trust me I did. He was surprised at first but he hugged me back.

"Can we stay like this for sometime? It feels good here like this." I hug him tightly.

"Yeah." He pats my head.

"Why are you dragging this so far?" I ask while pulling away from him.

"What do you mean?" He looks at me slightly confused.

"This revenge. I get it that it's important but..." I pause.

"But what Riley?" He asks.

"But what if something happened." I said.

"Nothing will happen." He says assuringly. Lies. All lies.

"Do really have to do this?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says.

*****

Landon's P.O.V

Today had to be a history if I lived or I died. Damaris Romero wasn't getting away with it and she knew that. Keeping her a little spy watching me when I was in juvenile, I knew she was scared deep within. Of course she didn't know I was so capable. She has come to Cork for a charity event. As if I wasn't watching her from juvenile. I had my sources keeping an eye on her too.

I'll go tonight to welcome her. Today is the last day she smiles. I'll make sure of that. She is probably not expecting me and that was my plan. When she will be least expecting, I'll kill her. I was never a hero but I am not a villain either. I just want to give justice to myself. I can't wait for god to give justice. It will be too late then. I was being selfish. I was reminded of that whenever I looked at Riley. Her eyes bored into mine for a moment when I put on my blazer.

"So you're leaving." She said.

"Not until you want me to." I say.

"What if I don't want you to go?" She asks. I didn't want to say anything. I knew it would break her. "It's okay. I wouldn't stop you." She smiles sadly.

"I-I am sorry Riley." She cuts me off.

"I understand. It's important. You've waited long enough." She says.

"But..." I go on.

"Can I try one more time?" She bites her lower lip.

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"I love you." She says while tears pricked her eyes. For a moment I felt like someone pulled the ground from below my feet. "I love you!" She says loudly.

"I love you too." I pull her into my embrace. "I have to go." I pull away.

"No!" She sniffs.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't say it! Just promise me, you will be fine." She says.

"Yeah." I turn and walk away while looking at her one last time.

" I turn and walk away while looking at her one last time

Attention silent readers!

I hope you know it requires lots of brain wrecking to write a chapter but it all goes in vain when you don't vote or comment. If your too lazy to comment, at least vote.

So please do vote, share or comment!