Window Judgement

‘’Bedroom’’.

‘’I KNOW’’.

That was the first thing I heard, and the first thing I said when I got home that night. My parents were still holding that grudge against me and that meant staying in my room all night, with the acceptance of dinner.

I trudged up the stairs and threw my bag into a corner. I plugged my phone into the charger and sat down, starting my homework.

An hour later, the time was now 6:09 PM. My mum walked into my bedroom.

‘’Alba?’’

I looked up at her. She was dressed in a red dress-top and black slim leggings. She also had a fur coat on and black wedges.

‘’Your father and I are going out. There’s food in the fridge and there’s still some pizza left out on the side if you get hungry. We’ll be back around 12 so don’t wait up for us honey’’.

‘’Sure thing, whatever’’ I shrugged and she closed the door behind me.

I waited until I’d heard them drive away, then I went and grabbed the entire box of pizza, a can of coke and brought them back up to my room. I lay down on my bed and turned on my TV. There was nothing on at all so I put one the first season of Twin Peaks.

Knock, knock, knock.

I jumped out of my skin and screamed when I saw Dan’s face at my window. He was laughing slightly but I just glared at him and opened the window. He jumped back onto the tree and sat there, staring at me.

‘’What the hell are you doing!?’’ I shouted, leaning out into the cold evening air.

‘’I came to apologise! And it’s starting to rain, let me in? It’s cold and I don’t have a hood’’. He pouted and I rolled my eyes, extending the window so he could jump through.

He landed with a thud and kicked off his shoes before sitting on my bed. I closed the window and locked it. I turned around and looked at Dan whose eyes were wandering my bedroom.

‘’Nice room’’ He nodded with a smug expression on his face. I just raised my eyebrow at him, folding my arms across my chest. He shook his head and frowned.

‘’Oh, right, yeah. Well I just wanted to say that I’m sorry…and, I should have called you, but I didn’t. And now I really regret that because,’’ I zoned out of his rambling. He looked cute when he spoke, occasionally running a hand through his messy hair. He continued to talk and I stared at him, ‘’and now I’m scared that I’ve lost you to Jake and I-‘’

‘’Woah, slow down. Jake?’’

Dan looked up from his hands. His cheeks flushed a crimson colour and he licked his lips. I could feel the tension between the two of us now. It was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

‘’Uh…yeah, Jake’’.

‘’What does Jake have to do with anything between us?’’

‘’I saw you two this morning! I saw him flirting with you, holding your hands,’’ Dan was stood up now, pacing around the room, ‘’And you know what, that’s all my fault. Because maybe if I’d have called you then maybe, just maybe, none of this would have happened and we wouldn’t be in this emotional mess and I hate it because I think I-‘’

I kissed him, I kissed Dan Smith.

*a/n cliffhanger bc tension.

I was like so close to continuing this chapter but then I thought 'nah, I'll leave you all hanging for a day or two' because I'm nice like that:) Also, because I'm nice, you should comment/vote/fan

thanks!*