No More Judgement

Isn’t it stupid how we react in these kinds of situations? We don’t speak, react, or do anything. It’s the one time when the heart overpowers the brain. The one time where you are genuinely lost for words. There is nothing you can say to give an answer to what just happened. You could sit and think for minutes, hours, days, and you still wouldn’t know how to react. The heart becomes too overpowered with emotions and the brain doesn’t know how to respond. You can’t separate a dream from a reality. You can’t tell whether it really happened, or if it was all just one big scenario that you want to happen. But even then, not even in your wildest dreams would you be able to know how to react.

Isn’t it stupid how we let things get this far? We can see where situations are going to end up, but we do nothing to stop it. We are unable to change the foreseeable future. There’s nothing we can do, yet there’s so much we could’ve done. Trying to change things sometimes isn’t right, but changing things can solve the future. It can stop things from unfolding, from becoming what they appear to be. Nothing is what it seems anymore. But there’s the brave few, the soldiers of our generation, who conquer the overruling. Spitting out their feelings, their words, their everything. Without a care in the world, they change the future without even knowing it. These people are the ones that are needed. Without them, the world would be full of lies, and fake people. But the soldiers we have are the ones that can save our generation. Not caring about the opposition, they are doing everybody a favour by speaking their mind. Being afraid of being judged isn’t an option for the soldiers.

These soldiers are the ones that will die remembered. They don’t blend in with the crowd. The stood out without being afraid. They probably didn’t have the easiest life, but they made it work. They took what they had and used it. That’s how we have the leaders of our world. They make something out of nothing, say a lot about a little, and that’s what sets them apart from everybody else. Without realising it, these small group of people change everything. They save everything. Changing the future and not letting us go to waste. The soldiers don’t know who they are, and they never will. But that’s the beauty of being a soldier. You can’t see it, but everyone else can.

‘’Say something I’m giving up on you’’.

I sang the song over and over again. It helped Caleb fall asleep, but it also reminded me of Dan. I had a picture of him right next to my bed. My parents were out again and I was waiting for Dan to arrive at my window. He had been suspended from school after the outbreak earlier today. I never had the chance to reply because he was taken away by the Deans to fast. I had asked Will to pass the message onto Dan that he should come to my house tonight, and here I am.

I opened the window and let Dan inside. He stood by the window. He didn’t make himself at home like he normally does. It put me on edge. I can’t remember the last time we’d spoke properly. I had so many things stored up that I just wanted to scream. But I couldn’t.

‘’Dan,’’ I whispered, looking up at him.

‘’Alba,’’ He whispered back, his stormy blue eyes caught up in my own.

‘’I don’t’’.

‘’You don’t what?’’

‘’I don’t hate you,’’ I felt a tear drop from my eye and roll down my cheek. Dan noticed. He stepped closer to me and gently used his thumb to clear away the tears.

‘’But why? I was so awful towards you…’’

‘’Because, Dan,’’ I looked up at him, my eyes wet with tears and my bottom lip quivering, ‘’Because I love you’’.

‘’I love you too, Alba’’.

*a/n I tried REALLY hard to make this chapter a little different to all the others, so I'm sorry if you didn't like it. I think there's going to be 1 more chapter based on school, and then it's going to change, so I hope that's okay. I want to say thanks for 2.1k reads and just thanks in general because you're all amazing and i love you. Okay adios,

comment/vote/fan*