Chapter 12

Ch. 12

"Sorry Louis I need to answer this call." I get up from my comfy seat to answer Harry's call. What would he want? I get out of the movie theatre and head to the bathrooms. Once I get in I lean my arms on the bathroom counter and call Harry back since he already called me 2 times. After 3 rings he picks up and my ears welcome his thick, deep accent.

"Where are you?" Frustration is clear in his voice. What if he found out I wasn't home? Should I keep lying to him? I only know if I tell him he would probably want to kill Louis and I know he's capable of doing it. I just don't want him or Louis to get hurt because of me. Everything is my fault, I became a problem. And I don't want to be the problem between them anymore. But now, there's no going back and there's nothing that can fix their friendship.

"I'm um--at my house, why?" I screw my eyes shut and speak before even thinking it twice. I already mentally slapped my face multiple times.

He lets out a sarcastic laugh that only means one thing; he knows I'm lying, "no you're not, I'm here at you're house and there's no one here. How do you expect me to tell you everything about me when you keep lying to me? Don't you think that's a bit unfair?" I have no words to say to him because he's right, so I just remain silent.

He sighs, "you're with Louis, right?" I'm really intimidated by Harry right now that everything I tell him will make him explode.

"I'm sorry.." My voice came out as a whisper, I doubt he heard me, "either way you were going to get upset."

"Lying to me wasn't the answer."

"Why are you at my house anyway?" I changed the topic because I really don't have a comeback since he's right.

"I forgot my wallet in the morning, and I came here to get it. But I knocked on the door and no one answered." There was a moment of silence, we could only hear each other's breathing.

"I'm sorry I lied to you, but I'll be okay. Don't worry." I make sure he feels safe and secure because knowing him, he would probably come to the movie theatre.

"Ok--I'll see you tomorrow." He quickly hangs up leaving me alone with my thoughts.

....

"I had a great night." I thanked Louis while walking to the front door of my house.

"You should come to my place sometime." He smirked, "we could have more fun over there." He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me closer to him. I felt his lips connect with mine, I played with his hair while my free hand grabbed the back of his neck. He suddenly grabbed my bum and squeezed it, only causing me to jump.

"Louis! My mom could be watching us!" I said and quickly tried to pull off.

"So? She likes me and probably thinks we're dating." He tried to pull me closer again but failed.

"But we're not." I tried to say as less awkward as possible. Whatever this thing is, needs to have a name soon.

"Then what are we? We're not dating but were not friends."

"I-- I just don't want to rush things, alright? I still need to organize my thoughts, and plus, we have time."

What you really mean is "I don't know if I want to be with you or Harry" my subconscious reminds me. But she's right. Louis is so sweet and everything but then there's also Harry, who also has a beautiful heart. I will only know what to actually do with this mess when I talk to him.

He just frowned, "ok, I better leave now, bye love." He gives me a small peck on my cheek. He gets in his car and gets out of the driveway.

As soon as I get in the kitchen to grab a bottle of water, my phone vibrates and I'm just guessing right away it's Harry again, but once I checked my phone I know guessed wrong. A text from an unknown number appears on my phone screen.