Sick- Chapter 26

For the past few days he's been cold and distant. My wounds are somewhat healing and aren't getting infected thankfully. I've had the tummy bug for the few days too, it's absolutely dreadful.

I feel so lonely and isolated. At first I loved being a criminal and jokers lover/sidekick, all the attention and mayhem I could have and cause. It was amazing. Until I lost him. He's never been fully nice to me apart from one night, but this is really bad.

I don't even know what I did wrong. One minute he was kinda opening up and the next he becomes worse than what he use to be. It honestly scares me not to mention the fact he doesn't even care the slightest that I've been puking every two hours.

I've lost 6 pounds in the span of three days which I don't think is very healthy. I've also been extremely dehydrated because I can barely hold water down.

I've decided that today I'm gonna sneak out and try find a doctor to help me figure out what's wrong with me.

I try putting together an outfit that'll help me blend in with the citizens of Gotham so I go for a business look as the time I'm going to Gotham is lunch time.

I grab my dusty car keys, purse and phone then sneak down to the garage, looking for my car

I grab my dusty car keys, purse and phone then sneak down to the garage, looking for my car. Did he really need to have such a huge garage?! I decide on just unlocking the car and hoping to hear it.

I press the unlock button and hear my car beep from the other side. Ughhhh to farrrrr.

I finally get in my car and find myself nearly breaking down.

What the fucks wrong with you?
Stop crying pussy!
Ugh, attention seeker.
Ew, whores shouldn't cry.

"Shut up!" I scream, banging my hands on the steering wheel, accidentally beeping the horn.

Shit! Shit! Shit! Gotta get out of here, fast!

"Hey! You!" I hear a guard yell pointing a gun at my head from the entrance of the garage. He starts to close it but I back out just in time for my car to only get a little scratch.

"Boss!" I hear someone yell

Oh fuck me! Can't I get a fucking break?!

I ram through the gates and speed my way out of the country side and towards Gotham city. I look behind me and only see a citizen so I carry on driving but at normal speed this time.

I finally arrive to the doctors and see a happy family with a little girl. She was playing with all the toys in the waiting room, laughing and giggling. Her parents watched her, holding hands, laughing and just being... happy.

I wish I could have true happiness just for once. I didn't have to worry about the police, joker, batman or people being scared of me.

The little girl comes running over to me and hands me a building block. That's when I notice, shes carrying an oxygen tank around with her. She has tubes stuck inside her nose that looped around her little ears.

"Aww thank you love" I smile at her trying not to get teary eyes

"What's this?" She says tracing her finger across a scar on my collarbone

"Honey you shouldn't-" the mother goes to say

"It's okay" I wave her off "you wanna know where I got this?" I ask her smiling

She nods her head slightly smiling "well, one day, I was fighting a kangaroo!"

"No you didn't!" She yells laughing

"Yeah! I won too." I joked with her

"I bet I'd win if I fought you!" She giggles

"Oh really? Okay lets go then" I say kneeling down to her height. I form loose fists and pretend to punch her in the stomach lightly.

"That tickled!" She laughs covering her tummy

"Okay your turn then" I laugh with her

She also pretends to punch me and I dramatically go down pretending to be knocked out

"Ahhh you got me" I giggle with her. I look up to see her parents laughing along too. I miss this, laughing with a bunch of people, not just by yourself in the room.

The little girl then runs off and rants and raves that she's got a new friend. I sit back in my chair, thankful that I haven't had to puke yet.

"Danielle Mortez?" I look around the room, wondering who got to go before me, but then I realised that was the name I had put down.

I raise my hand and stand up, indicating that I was Danielle Mortez.

"Right this way" the lady smiles and leads me to her office with an Aristocats poster. (I love that movie!)

"Okay so what seems to be the problem" she asks turning to me on her swivel chair

"Um well I've had the tummy bug lately but I can't even hold water down sometimes, I've also lost 6 pounds..." I say twiddling my thumbs

"Oh yeah, that's not really a normal tummy bug you got there" she says with a worried expression

"Okay so I'm gonna run a few tests and ask you a few questions?"

I nod my head as an answer.

She takes a swab of my cheek and tests it for any abnormal bacteria or whatever. Negative.

Okayyy well that's weird.

After the few awkward questions and failed swab test she asks me to pee in a fucking cup.

"Ew ew ew" I whisper to myself as I pee. Once I'm done I slot it through a hole in the wall and go back to her office.

After a few minutes she gets the results back in her computer.

"Danielle, do you want me to say it or do you want to read it?"

"Just say it. Please."

"You're pregnant"

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote! Thank youuuuuuuu :)