2.Meeting Dia

POV Karthik

As long as I can remember Vikram has never spoken lightly about Dia. He never let us do it either. Not even jokingly has he ever let us comment about dating Dia, or about her looks. Dia is his dearest sister/person in the whole world. At the beginning, we all felt strange about how concerned he was. I mean all brothers are protective, but he got intense. One day, he told me the reason for that. After losing both his parents in a car crash as a child, he swore he'd never let anyone or anything hurt his sister. He promised he would be her parent, guardian, brother, protector, and provide her everything she needs.

He made us clean up the entire apartment with him, made me give up my room for Dia's stay, and planned a trip around the town to places we have seen a hundred times.

I remember few glimpses​ of Dia, her face, her smile, before she left for boarding school. I remember having a crush on her back when I was in high school. But I had to beat the thought out of my mind because it was Vikram's sister. After that, she pretty much studied and lived in different states. So it kinda helped me forget my small teenage crush.

She entered our house and saw me first. She had the same confused look as she always did. I remember her always looking confused, hurried, distraught, and anxious.

"I'm sorry, is this Vikram Desai's house?" She asked

That explains her look. She didn't recognize me. "Um, yes. I'm his roommate, Karthik"

"Vikky! Your sister is here!", I called Vikram out.

He came out of kitchen to the hall and saw her. The siblings' faces brightened as they both ran up to each other for hugs. I had never seen him this happy.