7.Confess

Karthik drags her out to the roof. "Look me in the eye and tell me you don't like me", Karthik raises his voice by holding her arms tightly and shaking her stiffly.

"I do! I'm sorry. But nothing can happen between us. Vikram trusts you too much and I can't let him down" said Dia after giving up.

"Why not?"

"I just told you why! And you can't do this to Vikram either; don't you understand how much he trusts you, treats you like family?"

"What am I doing wrong?"

"You are saying this while holding his dear sister as she hurts"

Karthik realises that and releases her from his tight grip. "I'm sorry you're hurt. But how is it wrong when his best friend and his dear sister come together for what could be something so great. Wouldn't he be relieved to know his sister is with someone he can count on?''

"What are you talking about? You barely know me! We hardly ever met for a considerable time." Dia reprimands frustrated.

"I do know you! Your brother barely ever shuts up about you! And how d'you know how well I know you? You can fall in love in the same time and I can't? I know you know me too! I know you can't compose yourself in front of me. I know your heart trembles around me. I know that you were hurt when you saw me with other girls. I know your heart aches for me! How can I ignore all of this?" Karthik shouts back.

"How... What.. How did you? Who told you that? I don't​..." says Dia as her eyes are filled with tears- about to stream down her cheeks.

"Enough! I read it in your diary! Stop denying it! How can I keep quiet if you have such strong feelings for me? And you are a stand up girl not easily wooed by anyone so I never even took one step towards that to save what ever relation we did have! Why do you like me? It's so much harder when I know you like me too. Why is it so hard for you to confess!? ", screams Karthik with a lump on his throat

"How dare you.. read my journal.. how dare you go through my stuff?"

"You told me to look into your luggage for a blanket. Forget that, it's not important. The truth is out.", Karthik reveals hesitantly feeling guilty.

Dia gets furious at him. "So? I gave you permission to take a blanket and that justifies you to go through my stuff, read my diary?! You know what? You said it was hard for you to ignore because I had feelings for you, well congrats. I don't anymore." Dia says as she storms off crying.

Karthik feels dejected. He slams the wall nearby.