11. Why Vikram doesn't want his sister to fall for Karthik

(Vikram's side)

They were young when Karthik had his first heartbreak. Vikram had helped him through it. He had seen the changes that happened to his best mate. He went from loving the girl unconditionally to wanting her dead, never having to meet her, and to basically being ice cold to her existence. The broken trust, broken bond, tossing away his love and disrespecting enough to cheat on him, disregard of his feelings, were all too much to take for young Karthik. Vikki kept telling to Karthik not all girls they're gonna meet in life are gonna be this horrible. And that he had to wait for the right person. "I thought she was the right person!" , Karthik had yelled out in reply. "I'm done with them".

Even if he loved her that deeply, even if her betrayal hurt that bad, Vikki always assumed Karthik would grow out of his adolescent heartbreak after sometime.

But he saw his best mate become more and more cold and distant about his dating partners. He knew his friend was a good person, but with girls he always was a player. He dated multiple girls after a while and almost always had them begging for intimacy. Played with their minds until they felt like they needed him, then left them midway. When he got what he needed out of the relationship, he broke their hearts. He never let himself be fragile enough for someone else to stomp on his heart again. And not just that. He became the stomper himself.

Some of his victims were their mutual friends. He hated the way they got hurt by K. But K was a better friend than a boy friend. They both cherished each other's friendship and brotherhood. But never in a million years could V watch his precious little sister go through what the other girls went through. Even if he barely knew them, or was friendly enough with some of them, he had hoped K would stop leading them on like he cares and then dumping them out of the blue with no concern.

He had warned about this to K. He had told K to stop messing with them and told him that he might actually miss some one special on the way.

K had simply ignored him saying, "there's no one like that".

To top it all off, the dangerous part was he was incredibly charming and attractive which made all the girls swoon for him. The girls were easily fooled by his charm, his psuedo vulnerable side that made some girls thought they could fix him, bare with him , and then he'd come through- which never happened.

Vikram loved his sister and his best friend dearly, but never wanted them together for their own good.

Besides, he had literally warned him to not mess with any girl he liked or especially his sister. Karthik knew better than to hurt his best friend's beloved sister. So he never went there, never thought of her.

But now ...