8.End of short visit.

It was the morning of the day when Dia had to attend her friend's wedding. She was going to go back to her town after that.

She asked her brother to drop her to the venue since she visited via train and didn't have her car. Vikram told her he would be happy to and it didnt make sense for her to drive his car all the way back just to return it.  She was gonna take a flight back to her home.

The crazy fight that had happened last night felt like a weird intense dream she had had. She was thinking about that as she woke up and was brushing her teeth. Her head ached from thinking too much. She shook it off and started to get ready and packing for her way back home. It was a bitter sweet moment for her to leave. She was going to miss everyone, Aadarsh, her brother, his friends, and (sighs) Karthik... She thought about him, remembered the times her heart raced whenever he was close by, every time she looked at him. She still could fully fathom that weird 'dream' she had about Karthik. She tried to make sense of it but couldn't put her finger on it. She thought to herself, 'Did we drink last night? Is my head hurting from a hangover? How weird was that dream? Wait, was it a dream? Did I drunkenly confess to Karthik? Did we fight because he ate the last slice of pizza? Weird."

After freshening up and a shower she starts packing. Vikram said he'd be at work and will drop her off after lunch for the upcoming ceremony. If he has time, he thought he could visit the wedding too. He knew Dia's friend who was getting married and thought he'd attend her wedding.

Noon arrives, and after packing and a power nap Dia is all set to leave. She had said her goodbyes this morning and to some others, last night. She was just waiting for Vikram to arrive and was trying to prepare lunch.

The bell rings and she goes to open it thinking Vikram had arrived since it was time. It was Karthik. She is still unsure about the events last night and tries to act normal. But her expressions are all puzzled.

''Hi. Come in. I was just prepping for lunch. Want some?"

"Are you inviting me to my own house?", asked Karthik apathetically.

"No!" Dia laughs.

Karthik sees her packed luggage. "So you're all set?"

"Yes, I'm leaving when Vikram arrives. Thank you guys so much for letting me stay.I had great fun.I know it must've been a bit uncomfortable. You guys were so accommodating. Please come next time to my city. We'll have fun."

Karthik looks at her puzzled. "Did you start drinking this early in the day?"

"What? No! Why would you say that?" , Dia gives a nervous laughter. "Hey, speaking​ of which, did we drink last night?"

Karthik tilts his head still more curious. "No".

Dia thinks hard trying to get her memories in order.

"What?", asked Karthik.

"Nothing", said Dia as she reverts back to reality.

Dia goes back to prepping food and starts chopping veggies. Karthik sees that she's trying to follow the recipe online and rolls his eyes. He stops her there and pulls her arm as he drags her away from the kitchen counter. He starts cooking and does the simple dish she was trying to make. While she is sat at the chair half way between the telly and the open kitchen. Dia simply watches him cook happily. Looking at her, Karthik asks, "What you've never seen this(recipe) being cooked?", to which Dia replies, "no, I'm just admiring you while you cook. There's just something so sexy about a man who cooks". Dia then realizes her slip of tongue, and says, "I mean.."
Karthik chuckles "it's fine".

He puts the dish in front of her and tells her to eat. She says she would eat with Vikram when he arrives. Karthik informs Dia that he'd be late and is swamped at work. He also tells her that Vikram asked him to drop her off now that he was busy.

"Oh. Okay, then we will eat" said Dia

Karthik stares at Dia with a piercing gaze. He wonders about why she asked if they got drunk last night. He wondered why she was acting like nothing happened before.

She stopped while eating because she couldn't ignore his intense gaze and asked, "What? Is there something on my face?"

He replies "No. Eat fast, and we'll leave."