Away

The Devil whispered in my ear

"You're not strong enough 

To withstand the storm".

Today I whispered in the Devil's ear
"I am the storm"

"Marks coming over? Why?" Derek asked, slightly annoyed on the phone. He couldn't see, but Sapphire was rolling her eyes. Currently she was driving home from the hospital.

"Because I need help lifting the stuff from outside in so it doesn't come crashing into the side of the trailer during the storm." Sapphire explained. Derek sighed.
"I don't like it that you two are going to be alone together" Derek admitted.
"Yea well you're at your conference in Houston and I need help. I'm not Addison or Meredith. Stop being paranoid" Sapphire said, frustrated.
"Ok ok, I'm sorry. I trust you, completely...him though. You've got to understand" Derek reasoned.

Sitting in his hotel room, he ran his fingers through his hair. Sapphire couldn't see the look on his face, but it was not a cheerful one. He was upset he wasn't there and could help her for this large storm approaching.

"I know, but I would never do that to you" sapphire said. "Now, I'm going to finish making dinner before Mark comes. Have a fun rest of your night"
"Okay. I love you" he said.
"I love you too" She replied, hanging up the phone.

The trailer was empty and quiet without Derek. Usually they were laughing, talking, dancing or doing something together. At work they didn't get to see each other often, so home was where they could talk and interact freely.
Sapphire went over to her phone to play some music, but even then it was lonely.
He'd only been gone a few days but she missed him.

Crack.

Sapphire heard loud thunder and realized the storm had come sooner than everyone expected....

-----two hours later------

Mark started mumbling curses as he parked the car outside the trailer site, and the trailer itself was nowhere in site. Running out in the pouring rain, he kept yelling Sapphire's name. 

There was two options: Sapphire moved the trailer without telling Mark, which was what he hoped but highly unlikely, or the trailer had fallen off the cliff. 

"Yes, this is an emergency. My friend's trailer dropped off the edge of a cliff, with her in it. Need paramedics right away" Mark said on the phone, as calmly as possible, while he climbed as fast as he could down the cliff to get to. 

There, at the bottom of the rather tall cliff, was the Derek and Sapphire's trailer - all banged up like a piece of crumpled tin foil. From what he saw, all the glass was shattered, and not much else, since visibility was poor due to the weather.