The Real Journey

"There comes a day

when you realize

turning the page is

the best feeling in the world

because you realize

there is so much more

to the book than the

page you were stuck on"

- Zayn Malik

"Do we have to...?" I mumbled, curling up more around her beautiful body and burying my nose into her neck. I felt her chest vibrate as she let out a chuckled.

"Der... come on. I don't want to just as much" Sapphire said, as tried to wiggle out of my grasp. I groaned, reluctantly letting her go take a shower.

I watched as she kissed my cheek, then walked to the bathroom. It wasn't a far journey considering we were currently living in the trailer.... until we got a place.

The past week had been amazing: sightseeing and traveling with Sapphire was incredible. I couldn't put into words the excitement of each new adventure was, and it felt as if all the missed time we spent apart was gone. The amount of inside jokes were enough to last lifetimes, but I was more than happy with just one with her.

Now going back to work, with all of our friends and colleagues, I was anxious. I knew there would be rumors - it was Seattle Grace after all - and I didn't know how I would feel working with Meredith again. I didn't have any feelings left for her, but I knew how badly I had hurt her.

Sapphire got out of the shower, and I entered, letting her change in the bedroom. I wasn't going to lie, it was a rather tight fit between the two of us. I hadn't told her yet, but I had been looking at places. Occasionally, when there was a diner or hotel with wifi and Sapphire was checking up on her patients, I would search for available apartments and houses.

 Occasionally, when there was a diner or hotel with wifi and Sapphire was checking up on her patients, I would search for available apartments and houses

"Can we do a rerun of the night in the desert?" I asked, as I stepped out of the bathroom with just a towel on

"Can we do a rerun of the night in the desert?" I asked, as I stepped out of the bathroom with just a towel on. The memory of that crazy night, as well as all the others, flashed back in my mind, and I could see a blush appear on Sapphire's face. I saw her eyes trail down my face and chest to right above my towel, as I stared at her biting her lip.