My father strikes again

"I hate you! Curse you hair!" I scream into the mirror for the hundredth time this morning. It was my first day at the Oceanic High school and neither my hair or make up was co-operating with me. It is so frustrating! I was wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans, black flip flops and a blue hooded jumper.

I rip the hair tie from my hair and let it fall down my back giving up in defeat. I grab my phone and headphones from my bedside table and get my book bag from my floor. Before leaving I open one of my balcony doors slightly to let the breeze flow through my bedroom.

I mope down the stairs with no enthusiasm and make my way to the kitchen to see if I can use the car or not.

"Mum, can I use the car?"

"Of course, I'll get a ride with dad today" she smiles at me.

"If you need it I can walk" I offer.

"Don't be silly, here" she says and hands me the keys.

"Thanks" I say and mope back out the kitchen and to the car. I really don't want to go to school, or have to put up with introductions and the stares from people, the whispers and being alone for the day because I don't know anyone here.

I start the car and drive to school hoping I get lost and won't have to go to school, but unfortunately, it's the easiest place in this whole town to find. Just my luck! I pull into the parking lot and choose a park in the farthest corner. I climb out and walk to the building that has 'Reception' on bold black letters on the side of the building.

I can feel pairs of eyes watching me as I walk and my cheeks glow red.

"Good morning" the lady behind the desk greets me a little too happily. I smile weakly.

"Morning, I'm new here, my names Annabelle" I reply.

"Ahh yes, here is your timetable. I hope you enjoy your time here." she says and hands me my timetable.

I smile my reply and walk out straight to where my lockers are, at least where I think they are, the timetable isn't much help for this and I didn't get a map. All I know is my locker number which is G157 and at the moment I'm at the group of lockers with a Z.

The next thing I knew is that I was crashing into another person with their books flying through the air.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry I didn't see you there." I say quickly bending over to help her get her books gathered again. I turn to look at her in for the first time and notice her light brown locks and her slim figure and when she turns to me, I cannot contain the excitement I feel.

"Hello besty" she grins at me, her perfect white teeth glimmering in the sun. Destiny is here. Omg Destiny!

"Destiny!!! What are you doing here? When did you get here? Why did you move packs?" the questions kept bubbling out through my lips. When I see her laughing I bite my tongue to shut up and let her answer.

"My parents decided to move here after Alpha Anderson set in more laws. We got here yesterday as soon as Alpha Waverly accepted us. We had to tell him we were family friends of yours and he didn't even hesitate. He must have feelings for you!"

"I don't know, he's very attentive to me I have noticed. What laws has Alpha Anderson put in now?"

"Well female wolves are only allowed to run every second Sundays, they are only allowed out of the house 3/7 days a week. We weren't allowed to choose our food, Alpha brought us some and it was that lower class stew crap that tastes like birdseed!"

"Wow, no wonder you wanted to leave!" We laugh and begin walking.

"Let's compare timetables!" Destiny says snatching it out of my hand. "OMG! we have every class together and our lockers are near each other!" I smile at her feeling a lot happier. Ow that my one and only friend is here. Perhaps it won't be so bad here after all!