15

October 23rd

"Wow! This is a lot food! Are you sure we can finish this, Hana-chan?" Mitsuki-chan asked me as she turned her head left to right to this amount of food in the table.

"Yoshio-kun is here. It's alright," I said with a smile. "Let's dig in!"

We started eating as Mitsuki-chan and I gang up against Yoshio-kun. Since he loves his girlfriend and its my birthday, he has no choice but to give in to what we say.

"Just come over to the apartment tomorrow. The deserts will be there then," I told them. After a while of talking, I paid and went ahead back to the apartment.

As I arrive at the apartment, I felt my butt vibrate, which was my phone, indicating I received a mail. I opened it, to see Nobu-san's message.

Nobu-san

Johana-san! How should I dress up? Should I wear a tuxedo? Or a pajama is alright?

I laughed before replying that he can wear anything he wants and just calm down because there are still 4 hours 'til 6.

I prepared a pasta, that I learned when I lived by myself at UK, taught by an Italian friend. After doing the pasta, I did my thing and did a bunch of food for Nobu-san.

~

I got out of the bath, and went to ny walk-in closet as I looked around to see what should I wear. In the end, I got chose a white short that I paired up with red shirt and used a thin, white vest that was covering the upper part of the back of my legs.

I went back to the kitchen to make the sauce for the pasta. As I was about to turn off the stove, I heard the doorbell ring. I turned it off, before going to the door and opened it.

"Happy birthday, Johana-san!" Nobu-san, who was wearing white polo shirt, black jeans, and blavk and white sneakers, hailed as he was holding out a box wrapped in red wrapper.

"Thank you, come in," I led him in.

"Sorry for the intrusion!" I heard him mutter softly, as I heard sounds of him taking his shoes off.

"Wait, how did Nobu-san know that it's my birthday today?"

"Eh? I stopped by the agency earlier. They were talking about it, and I was like, that must be why she invited me for dinner, or something like that," he said as he placed the box on the center table of my living room and happily went to the kitchen.

I followed him and served him pasta before I sat across him.

"Am I your only guest?"

"I'll answer that later. For now, let's eat," I told him as we started to consume the food.

"Even the pasta is sweetened. Thank you!" he gratified like a little boy. Just like how bubbly he was back then.

After we ate the pasta, I got the cake I made from the fridge. As I was about to slice it, a hand stopped me from doing so.

"Do you have any candle?" he asked.

"Yes. Why?" he threw a squinted eye look at me as I threw my question.

"Duh! It's a birthday cake! At least blow in it first," he said as he went through the drawers in the kitchen. When he found a candle, he placed it beside the cake and lit it. Then he sang Happy Birthday.

I blew the candle while I saw him taking a picture of me.

"Ah! That's right! Let's take a picture," I excitedly beamed as I got my phone out and took a selfie with him. "So, do you wanna slice the cake?"

"It's your birthday, but, okay!" I gave him the knife as he made a cut through the bread. "Ah! It's a pretty chocolate lava cake~" he cheered as he cut one slice for himself and one for me. He took a bite on it and complimented me.

"Nobu-san, I actually have something to tell you," I nervously started.

"Mm?" I heard him as he gobbled down on the cake. "Ah~ this taste is so nostalgic!" he said as he got another piece and chewed on it.

"It's about three years ago. And what you asked me at the after-party of the event," I said in a low voice as I just looked down at the cake, while I heard no sound from him. "Actually, I--"

"You were the one who sent me pastries and sweets ever since high school right?" he cut me off. I wasn't planning on telling the high school part! But, I can't afford to lie now.

"Y-yeah," I answered as I felt my face redden. I can't take this anymore!

"Thank you," I heard him. When I looked up, I saw nobody in front of me, but I felt soft lips on my cheeks instead.

"What?! Why did you suddenly kiss me? That's not good!" I exclaimed as I stood and walked away from him.

"Eh? But I like you, Johana-san," his words caught me off guard, which caused me to fall on my knees.

"W-what was that?! You shouldn't just kiss people, you know?!" he stuttered, holding his cheeks, while I stood up and twirled around.

"You see, I like you a lot, Okamoto-kun!"

He remembers.

"Because, you see? There was this one girl way back then, I don't remember what she looked like except for her brown hair. I was really sad, because people were bullying me, and then she came and cheered me--Johana-san, why are you crying?"

"You remember?"

"That was you?"I just nodded since no words came out of my mouth. Then, I felt a pair of arms cover me. "Really, thank you."

"I can't belive this! My long term dream and fantasy is--" I was cut off by soft lips touching mine.

"It's reality now," Nobu-san said after he pulled back as he wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.

~

"Johana-san, I have something to tell you," Nobu-san said as his hold on my hand tightened.

"What's the problem?" I looked at him.

"You've been receiving scrapbooking materials, right?" he asked as I just nodded, which took me a while to realize.

"Don't tell me, you were the one sending them?!" I exclaimed as he just nodded his head softly, which I found very cute.

"I love every single one of them. Thank you," I pinched his cheeks before resting my head on his shoulders, as we held hands and watched the stars. After a few minutes, my phone range, notifying my alarm.

"Happy birthday, Nobu-san!" I greeted him as I stood up and gave him a hug.

"Then can I ask for one sweet present for my birthday?"

"Name it, and I'll bake it!"

"No, you can't bake it. On my next question, say a sweet yes," he stood up in front of me.

"What are you--"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked as tears started to gather in my eyes once more.

"Yes!" I yelled as I was attacked by a big bear hug.

"I love you, Johana-san," he whispered as he kissed my ear.

"I love you too."

A/N: MY HEART. MY HEART EXPLODED AS I TYPED THIS.

yeah, i'm not fit to write romance, why did i even start in the first place

Is this okay? Too much? Too little? Idk anymore. I need a lifetime supply of Kimura Ryouhei supplement.

I don't know how to continue this now, crap dammit.

What to publish next?!

Published: May 16, 2017 3:54pm