3

"Johana-san! Where are you going?" I heard Yoshio-kun yell, as I put on my shoes.

"I'm out of ingredients. I'm gonna go drive to the supermarket for a while. Do you have anything you want me to buy?" I asked as he just said now, as he plopped down the couch.

I went out of our apartment, went to the parking lot and drove my car out. As I was near the supermarket, I slowed down due to intuition, and suddenly . . .

Everything was white.

3rd Person's PoV

Yoshio's eyes opened, as his sleep was disturbed with his cellphone ringing. His eyes traveled from the couch to the table, and when he found his device, he got it and answered the call.

"Is this Toriya Yoshio-kun?" a man asked. He got his phone away from his ears to see the Caller ID, and he was shocked to see that it was his roommates information. Johana-san?!

"Yes. Who is this?" he asked.

"This is a member of the Emergency Team. This is Yoriki Johana's phone I am using, right?" the person asked as Yoshio hummed in confirmation. "She got into an accident on the street by the supermarket. We are on our way to the hospital now."

"Okay, I'll be on my way," Yoshio-immediately responded as he grabbed his jacket, keys, wallet and phone, went out, riding on public vehicles to get to his destination.

Once he reached the hospital, he wasted no time and went to the reception area.

"Where is Yoriki Johana?!" he yelled, as he later realized his actions. "Oh, I'm sorry," he apologized.

"Don't worry sir. I get that often. Yoriki," the nurse trailed off as she scanned through the PC. "She is currently in the Emergency room," she informed.

"How do I get there?"

"Just turn left here, then, stop by the vending machine and get a drink. Keep moving forward then turn right. There are directions from there," the nurse replied to him with a smile.

"I see. Thank you," he bowed in gratitude.

"Anytime, sir,"the nurse waved at him before another person came to ask her questions.

Yoshio did as the nurse instructed, getting a grape-flavored carton milk, along the way and went to the emergency room. Right after arriving, a man wearing his white coat, left the room.

"Excuse me, are you here for Yoriki Johana?" asked the doctor.

"Yes, I am. How is she?"

"Please follow me," the doctor said as he led him to his office.

"So, how is my friend, doc?" he asked with a tiny sign of fear.

"For now, she is stable. But she hit her head hard on the wheel, and there is a major impact on her brain, which might cause her to have an amnesia. But we will find out, once she wakes up," the doctor told him.

"I see. Will she forget everything?"

"I can't say, but if I had to give a rough estimate, she'll only forget about a long-term memory, like her hobbies, and maybe her elementary, middle school, high school and college classmates," the doctor responded.

"I see. Thank you, doctor. If you would excuse me, I'll contact her parents," he bowed as he went to the garden of the hospital and made an international call to Johana's parents from Japan to UK.

"Tell me when you arrive, auntie. I'll pick you up," Yoshio said before hanging up, as he went back to the emergency room.

"Are you Yoriki Johana's guardian?" a male murse inquired.