Route 5:I

I ask Sayaka for Kyōko's number after school. She gives it and tells me to call her as she is busy. A little later, I dial her number.

Beep-beep-ring.

    Hopefully she'll pick up although my number would be unknown.

Ring-beep-dead.

     She doesn't. I call again to give an impression of urgency. This time she speaks.

"How dare you disturb someone eating her lunch?"

"Hello, ..."

"Who are you and how did you get this number?"

"The Kazamino Con."

    A pause. She's probably stopped eating to actually listen to what I am about to ask or say.

"Oh, what do you want to speak about?"

"Could you come over to Mitakihara City this evening by any chance?"

"What a coincidence. I'm already in the City, should be free in an hour. Where do you want to meet?"

"The park, not the one near Mitakihara School but the other. I would speak to you about it right now, but it's better if you see it first-hand."

"How do I know who you are among the people?"

"I'll be seated alone on a bench near the fountain, with a pen and paper. Plus, I've been to the interactive in that Con so there's a chance you'll recognise me. You could ask me if I know a Miki Sayaka, she gave me your contact."

"She won't be there?"

"No. She has school work so she won't be able to make it today."

"Alright. See you soon."

    Exactly an hour later, Kyōko Sakura approaches me. She wears a green top and denim shorts, holding an apple and a bag. Without bothering to ask the question we decided on, she sits next to me.

"You're the one who called right?"

"Yep, but how'd you guess?"

"Partly by your description and partly by the fact that you wore that bracelet even over the outfit at the Con. I have a decent memory as you can see."

"Okay." That completely slipped my mind.

"So tell me why you've called me here today."

"Well, do you see those dolls around the place?"

"Of course I do. Nobody who knows me can see them. Wait, you know what they are?"

"Yep. I'll have to give a lecture of sorts, but we'll begin with that. There's a lot to explain."

"I'm all ears."

"You sure about that? What I am about to tell you will change everything."

"Definitely. I already feel so different from the others, being able to see so much they can't. It'll make no difference to me."

    She offers an apple and my intuition tells me it isn't often she shares food with people. I accept it, she takes another and we eat them. I then begin to explain.

"Seems you're familiar with the Familiars. They're like subordinates to another being, but also a reflection of it."

"I feed them often. They remind me of pets."

"That's another way you could see them. They're minor though. Have you come across any odd-looking white cats?"

"I spotted one today, while on my way here. It's definitely not a common type, never seen it before."

"Those beings are a pain. They're an alien race who have messed with this universe and gotten it into its current state."

"So it wasn't always like this?"

"Nope."

"But how do you know for sure?"

"I'm not from this universe, but have been brought for a last effort to save the people here. Before that, I need to get some allies and plan a bit if possible. You're one of whom can help. The red gem with you is proof."

    She picks out the gem from her bag. It appears as an oval red pendant.

"This necklace is my favourite. I'll never go anywhere without it. Where I got it from I don't remember, which is sorta odd."

"It's very important to your being. You could call it a Soul Gem, you're connected to it."

"Maybe I'm getting an idea about this. So there's an evil guy with a deep voice who's threatening to destroy this place and we have to stop him?"

"More like a girl turned evil whose depression will soon cause the apocalypse. That isn't too far off though."

"Cool. Whom are we teaming up with?"

"Sayaka, Madoka who was also at the Con, another girl Mami and I. Them three and you have the gems in common and it's a part of your identity."

"And what is that?"

"A Magical Girl. Puella Magi in Latin."

"The name sounds awful, though the Latin version at least is bearable."

"That can't be helped. I didn't coin the name."

    Just then, I notice the time. It's getting a bit late and as Kyōko's not from this city, she'll have to reach her house soon.

I am about to leave Kyōko and have to tell her when to come next. Thus,

~I invite her to meet Sayaka immediately.
(Continues in 6 I)

~I choose to call her just for the plan.
(Continues in 6 III)