7: Madokami Vs Homura Akuma (A)

They reach, all in Magical Girl outfits, excluding Madoka. She comes straight, walking towards the centre. The others opt to get the civilians out to safety. Madoka flashes me a thumbs up, as if I've done something great just by being around.

The familiars don't bother attacking us. Most just stand still. A few move around, as if dancing.

I count them, as absurd as that may sound. 7,8,...12,13,14. 14? What an odd number. It's possible one is missing. They apparently have names like cowardice and jealousy. She told me that day. I feel something lacking with them - there needs to be one more.

Homura herself looks like a mess. I can feel the emotional rollercoaster within, threatening to escape in waves. Madoka gives me a confused look. Perhaps she feels it too. I look to the garden gates. Mami, Sayaka and Kyōko are standing outside, frozen in place. They appear to be discussing what to do. Sayaka sets one foot inside, but stops.

I wonder whether to call out, but then spot another familiar. It is but slightly different from the others. There is an aura radiating from it. Flowers bloom, pink and red around its form.

I recall one particular conversation.

"What are your familiars' names?"

"Is it alright if I didn't name my familiars? I learned of their names by magic."

"They are your familiars, all parts of your emotions right?"

"That they are. Would you hate me if I did tell you their names?"

"I asked you, so no. People experience all sorts of emotions. Just because yours have a corporeal form, it won't make me hate you."

"Fine. You've asked for it. They call themselves Pride, Pessimism, Liar, Heartlessness, Selfishness, Slander, Emotionless, Jealousy, Laziness, Vanity, Cowardice, Stupid-Looking, Inferiority, and Stubbornness, and then there's one more."

"Oh."

"I haven't met her yet, but I ever so often hear a call of love. There isn't any of that in me anymore. That one's lost for good, I guess."

A thought shapes itself in my head. I call out to the doll, in the name of love. At least her name isn't as odd as those of the others. She appears to listen, turning around. Love appears to barely get out of a trance. Maybe she isn't lost after all.

Love then walks towards her mistress demon. As she enters the centre, the other familiars begin to fade into the shadows.

There is a surge of power. It shakes the flowers off the ground. Barring a circle in the centre, the soil on top is giving way. Light begins to be reflected from the very corners of the circle's circumference, leaving its inside untouched. We are being separated from the others.

Then it strikes me. Madoka, Homura and I are being put into an isolation field. The others won't be able to reach us soon.

At the same time, Madoka appears to get that golden light again. She is giving way to the other, more powerful form inside her.

What is my final action?

Call on the others to take action: Ending 1

Hold my ground: Ending 4